Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump Shares Santos' Conspiracy About Judge's Son Being At Trial—Except It Wasn't Him At All

Donald Trump; George Santos
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc./Getty Images; Drew Angerer/Getty Images

After the ex-President shared the ousted GOP rep.'s theory that judge Arthur Engoron's son was attending his trial in New York, it was revealed that the person photographed was actually 'New York Post' reporter Ben Kochman.

Former President Donald Trump was widely criticized after he shared ousted New York Republican Representative George Santos' conspiracy theory that the son of Arthur Engoron—who is overseeing a $250 million civil fraud lawsuit against Trump and his business—was attending his trial.

In fact, it was revealed that the person who was photographed at the trial was actually New York Post reporter Ben Kochman—not that that stopped Trump from parroting the lie anyway, suggesting Engoron's son Ian was somehow benefitting financially from it due to his role at a Democratic activist law firm.


The theory, initially propagated by far-right activist Laura Loomer, accused Judge Engoron of making the trial a "family affair" by allegedly reserving a seat for Ian Engoron. Loomer's post contained images of a bearded man she claimed was Ian Engoron, insinuating financial benefits for the judge through his son's attendance, although no clear explanation was provided.

Santos amplified Loomer's claims, alerting the House Committee on Oversight for further investigation into potential "misconduct" that might result in a "monetary benefit" for the judge's son. Trump then shared these posts on his own social media platform, Truth Social.

You can see the posts below.

Screenshot of Donald Trump's post on Truth Social amplifying George Santos' and Laura Loomer's conspiracy theory@realDonaldTrump/Truth Social

However, the theory was debunked when it was revealed that the person in the pictures shared by Loomer and Santos was not Ian Engoron but New York Post reporter Ben Kochman.

Kochman addressed the false claim by publishing an article titled “It’s me, Don! Trump keeps falsely tagging Post reporter as fraud trial judge’s son in rants,” accompanied by his picture to clarify the error.

Writing on X, formerly Twitter, Kochman said:

"Donald Trump keeps re-posting a photo of a bearded man at his civil fraud trial. He's signal-boosted claims that the guy is the son of the judge — and that this somehow is a scandal."
There's just one problem. The guy in the photo is me."

You can see his post below.

Kochman wrote the following in his article:

"I was first tipped off to this when Trump shared the post on Truth Social in late November but felt it wasn’t worth giving any air."
"But after Trump shared it again Tuesday — and upped the ante by including a comment from famously fact-challenged disgraced ex-Congressman George Santos (R-NY) — I thought it was worth setting the record straight."

Trump was swiftly criticized.


This isn’t the first instance of Trump targeting individuals associated with the trial.

Previously, he posted on social media about Engoron's law clerk, Allison Greenfield, claiming she was romantically involved with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. Despite a gag order from Judge Engoron prohibiting Trump from attacking the judge or his staff, these messages stayed up, resulting in a $15,000 fine for Trump.

While Trump’s recent post about Engoron’s supposed “son” might not be considered a violation of the gag order, it's evident that these attempts to cast aspersions on trial-related individuals have repeatedly fallen short of evidence and have drawn substantial criticism.

More from People/donald-trump

Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayden Panettiere
On Purpose with Jay Shetty; Neutrogena

Hayden Panettiere Claims Neutrogena Fired Her After 10 Years For Speaking About Postpartum Depression—And Fans Are Appalled

Despite being in an industry that many people only dream of, Heroes and Bring It On star Hayden Panettiere hasn't had the best of luck.

With her memoir This Is Me: A Reckoning coming out soon, Panettiere has been opening up about her experiences with discrimination and abuse, this time on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, shedding light on one very popular skincare line.

Keep ReadingShow less