Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Prince Harry Says Thought Of Piers Morgan Listening To Diana's Private Messages Makes Him 'Physically Sick'

Prince Harry; Piers Morgan
Carl Court/Getty Images, Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

Harry blasted Morgan, who was editor of the 'Daily Mirror' at the time, for listening to Princess Diana's private voicemail in his testimony against Mirror Group Newspapers, who he is suing for alleged phone-hacking.

Prince Harry said the thought of Piers Morgan having had access to and listening to Princess Diana's private messages made him "physically sick" during his testimony in London's High Court in his legal case against Mirror Group Newspapers.

The Duke of Sussex—who shared he was emotionally scarred by British tabloids as a child—is suing for damages from the British tabloid publisher. Mirror Group publishes over 240 regional papers including The Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People.


The Prince made history by becoming the first senior Royal to take the witness box in 130 years.

In the trial covering 33 stories published between 1995 and 2011, the Royal claimed journalists from those publishing titles obtained information through illegal tactics like phone-hacking, deception and using private investigators for unlawful activities.

“I would say their actions affected every area of my life,” Harry wrote in his witness statement.

He shared the trauma stemming from the articles he believed originated from the hacking.

According to the Prince the stories adversely affected his personal relationships.

“It created a huge amount of paranoia in my relationships."
"I would become immediately suspicious of anyone that was named in a story about me."
"I felt that I couldn’t trust anybody, which was an awful feeling for me especially at such a young age.”

Also in his statement, Harry took aim at Piers Morgan.

Morgan was the editor for The Daily Mirror between 1995 and 2004–a period which included the time Harry's mother, Diana the Princess of Wales, was killed in a vehicular collision in Paris in 1997.

In the trial, Harry's lawyer David Sherborne presented letters to the court that Diana had written to English actor Morgan Barrymore about a "secret meeting" as claiming that as a child, Harry was impacted by the unlawful information-gathering techniques used by the press.

Sherborne mentioned that Morgan said he "heard rumors" of meetings between Diana and Barrymore, which the British presenter mentioned in his 2005 book The Insider.

Sherborne claimed the reason why Morgan may have heard about those meetings was because The Daily Mirror journalists would have listened to “private messages."

Harry said in his witness statement:

“The thought of Piers Morgan and his band of journalists earwigging into my mother’s private and sensitive messages … makes me feel physically sick and even more determined to hold those responsible, including Mr. Morgan, accountable for their vile and entirely unjustified behavior."



In an interview with the BBC, Morgan–who previously called the Netflix trailer for the Harry & Meghan docuseries "vomit-inducing"–denied knowing of any phone-hacking incidents at The Daily Mirror.

He also said their methods were “completely wrong” and it was “lazy journalists being lazy.”

Twitter enjoyed watching Morgan trying to keep his cool while in the hot seat.






The Duke of Sussex also pointed to evidence disclosed by the Mirror Group Newspapers that its papers had made 289 payments to private investigators to gather information on him and his associates.

Harry wrote:

“I understand from my solicitors [that these] are huge numbers in the context of this litigation, especially considering that the defendant is known to have concealed and destroyed evidence of their wrongdoing on an industrial scale."
“I now realize that my acute paranoia of being constantly under surveillance was not misplaced after all.”

The Prince is also suing Murdoch’s News Group Newspapers, publisher of The Sun, and Associated Newspapers Limited–which owns Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i newspaper, and New Scientist–for similar claims of phone hacking and other unlawful tactics to get information and invade Harry's privacy.

More from Trending

Serena Williams; Drake
Monica Schipper/Getty Images; Cole Burston/Getty Images

Fans Jump To Defend Serena Williams After Her Rumored Ex Drake 'Liked' A Shady Comment About Her

Fans of tennis legend Serena Williams are coming to her defense after a seeming bit of social media shade her famous ex threw her way.

Rapper Drake recently posted a photo of himself playing a bit of tennis with fellow rapper Sexyy Red, which naturally drew comments about Williams, who is rumored to have dated Drake back in 2015.

Keep ReadingShow less
screenshot of Bloomington Police Department press conference
WCCO

Police Bust ICE Employee Trying To Solicit Minor For Sex In Sting Operation—And His Excuse Is Going Viral

A Minneapolis and St. Paul (Minnesota's “Twin Cities”) based employee of Kristi Noem's Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was among 16 men arrested on charges of “suspicion of soliciting a minor” during a sting operation by the Bloomington Police Department. Bloomington, Minnesota is a suburb of Minneapolis.

ICE employee Alexander Steven Back was among four people charged with agreeing to pay a 17-year-old girl for sex. The 41-year-old Back responded to a fake online ad offering sex for money, according to the criminal complaint filed in Hennepin County, Minnesota.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Jade Warshaw from Fox News
Fox News

Fox News Guest's Blunt Advice For How To Save Money This Holiday Season Is Bleak AF

Fox News was criticized after featuring finance expert Jade Warshaw in a segment about saving money this holiday season, including excluding adults from getting Christmas presents—a suggestion that isn't being received well amid a nationwide affordability crisis.

Warshaw, a co-host of The Ramsey Show, the nationally syndicated radio program featuring finance guru Dave Ramsey, said now is “not the time to spend and break the bank" given how tough things are financially for many Americans this holiday season.

Keep ReadingShow less
Gavin Newsom; Donald Trump
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images; Win McNamee/Getty Images

Gavin Newsom Is Trolling Trump Hard Over His Cruel 'Quiet, Piggy' Insult With A Slew Of Brutal Posts

California Governor Gavin Newsom has been trolling the Trump administration for months with snarky posts turning his own words against him. And this week, he's taken aim at President Donald Trump directly after Trump rudely snapped at Bloomberg News reporter Jennifer Jacobs for trying to ask him a question about the Epstein files on Air Force One.

Jacobs asked why he's pushed back against releasing the files "if there's nothing incriminating" in them. Her question came after Speaker Mike Johnson swore in Arizona Democratic Representative Adelita Grijalva, which made her the 218th signatory on the bipartisan discharge petition to compel the Justice Department to release the Epstein files.

Keep ReadingShow less
Two people touching hands
a pair of hands shaking

People Reveal Sentences Someone Once Said That Actually Healed A Part Of Them

There's a reason our mothers warned us to "use our words".

Usually, this is a technique to stop children from being physical with one another, hopefully leading to their solving a conflict by talking it out.

Keep ReadingShow less