Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

MyPillow Guy Rushes Off Stage At 'Cyber Symposium' Moments After Judge Rules Against Him In Massive Election Lawsuit

MyPillow Guy Rushes Off Stage At 'Cyber Symposium' Moments After Judge Rules Against Him In Massive Election Lawsuit
Stephen Maturen/Getty Images

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell dashed off stage during his "Cyber Symposium" moments after news outlets reported a judge had allowed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed against him by Dominion Voting Systems to proceed.

US District Judge Carl J. Nichols also ruled similar lawsuits against former President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani and pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell could proceed as well.


Video of Lindell rushing from the stage can be seen here:

Although there has not been an explicit confirmation that Lindell's exit was directly related to the ruling, the news cast an embarrassing cloud over the event, which Lindell had used to elevate bogus claims about election fraud in the 2020 general election.

The news quickly spread across social media, with many gloating over Lindell's loss in court despite his fervent support for ex-President Trump's "Big Lie" that the election was stolen.






Others offered further criticism of Lindell and his event.



In February, Dominion Voting Systems sued Lindell for $1.3 billion, arguing that Lindell defamed the company by promoting the baseless conspiracy theory that falsely claimed Dominion conspired with foreign powers to rig voting machines to stop ex-President Trump from winning the 2020 election.

The company seeks more than $651 million in punitive damages as well as a further $651.7 million in compensation from Lindell. Dominion's claim is about four times MyPillow's annual revenue.

The lawsuit was imminent: In January and February, Dominion warned Lindell that they planned to sue him for his role in peddling election disinformation, telling him that he had positioned himself "as a prominent leader of the ongoing misinformation campaign."

Shortly afterward, Lindell told The New York Times that he welcomed Dominion's lawsuit:

"I would really welcome them to sue me because I have all the evidence against them. They sent this letter a couple of weeks ago. They're lying, they're nervous because I have all the evidence on them."

Lindell appeared to attempt to draw attention away from the news of his legal defeat earlier Thursday morning as he kicked off the third day of the "Cyber Symposium."

Lindell claimed he'd been the target of an attack near the elevators at his Sioux Falls, South Dakota hotel. He added that another event participant's home had been "raided," though he did not specify which agency had performed the raid.

He did, however, suggest that Dominion and "Antifa" could have been behind both incidents:

"This is where our country's gone. You take away the free speech. So they go after me. And they're going, 'Well, we try and crush his company and take everything from him.' And then they go after [me] physically."
"Now I've got to go around with a bodyguard. And I don't like bodyguards. I like to have American freedom to drive around, to do what I want, to not worry, to be able to take pictures with people."

Lindell did not provide more details or evidence to back up any of his claims, but that's probably why he's the target of a defamation lawsuit.

More from People/donald-trump

Offset and Cardi B
Catherine Powell/Getty Images for MTV

Rapper Offset Is Getting Dragged Hard After Blaming His Divorce On Cardi B Not Cooking For Him

Rapper Offset is facing public pushback after trying to shade his ex, Cardi B, with lyrics about her not cooking for him—like it's 1925 instead of 2025.

Leading up to the release of the song "Move On," Offset told the Associated Press:

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

'The Daily Show' Epically Drags MAGA's American Flag Obsession With Hilariously NSFW Parody Ad

The Daily Show had people cackling after it skewered President Donald Trump and his MAGA followers over their obsession with the American flag with a parody ad for the "Trump Love Flag" that calls for people to not "desecrate, just fornicate."

Trump on Monday signed an executive order directing federal prosecutors to pursue criminal charges against people who burn American flags during protests.

Keep ReadingShow less
Karoline Leavitt
Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Karoline Leavitt Gets Brutal Reminder After Making Brazen Claim About Trump's 'Transparency'

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt had people rolling their eyes after she took to X to claim that President Donald Trump is the "most transparent and accessible" president in history.

Leavitt made the claim in response to a tweet from White House correspondent Philip Wegmann, who writes for the conservative news site RealClearPolitics, one of the right-wing news outlets accredited by the White House as part of a larger shake-up intended to counter "liberal news narratives."

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Brooke Sutton/Getty Images

Trump Had A Shockingly Normal Reaction To Travis And Taylor's Engagement—And He's Getting Roasted Alive For It

President Donald Trump was widely mocked for his surprisingly supportive reaction to the news that Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce and musician Taylor Swift are engaged to be married.

In a post on Instagram, Swift announced that “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married,” sharing photos of Kelce kneeling on one knee before her in a flower-filled garden.

Keep ReadingShow less
Two women resting their heads on a man's shoulders
a group of people posing for the camera

People Who've Had A Threesome Reveal What Surprised Them Most

From time to time, a couple might look for ways to spice up their relationship, fearing they may have lost some of their spark.

Conversely, some people look for ways to break free of their sexual comfort zone and be more adventurous.

Keep ReadingShow less