Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Musk Mocked For Threat To Sue Outlets Over Headlines About Exploded Tesla Cybertruck

Elon Musk; screenshot from video of Tesla Cybertruck on fire outside Trump Hotel
Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images; Alcides Antunes

After a Tesla Cybertruck was exploded outside of Trump's Las Vegas hotel, Musk absurdly threatened to sue media outlets whose headlines reported the truck was a Tesla.

Make us preferred on Google

Billionaire Elon Musk was criticized for his absurd threat to sue media outlets over headlines about a Tesla Cybertruck that was exploded outside the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas this week.

The explosion killed a person inside the vehicle and injured several bystanders, local officials said. Authorities are investigating the suspicious blast as a potential terrorist attack. There were gasoline canisters and large fireworks mortars in the back of the truck.


This incident occurred just hours after a driver in a rented pickup truck, reportedly flying an ISIS flag, drove into New Year's Eve crowds on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, killing 14 people and injuring more than 30 others before being fatally shot by police.

According to Clark County/Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sheriff Kevin McMahill, both the pickup truck involved in the New Orleans attack and the Tesla in the Las Vegas explosion were rented from the same company, Turo.

In a post on X, Musk insisted that the explosion had nothing to do with the vehicle:

“We have now confirmed that the explosion was caused by very large fireworks and/or a bomb carried in the bed of the rented Cybertruck and is unrelated to the vehicle itself. All vehicle telemetry was positive at the time of the explosion.”

You can see his post below.

And later, after far-right filmmaker Robby Starbuck said that Musk "should consider suing outlets who framed the story" without clarifying that the truck itself had not spontaneously exploded, Musk had this to say:

“Maybe it is time to do so."

You can see his post below.

Musk—a self-proclaimed "free speech absolutist"—was swiftly called out.



It's no surprise why Musk would make the threat considering Tesla's recent stock performance; negative reporting poses a threat to his business.

Tesla shares surged to an all-time high last month, surpassing their previous record set in 2021. The stock closed at $424.77, surpassing its former peak of $409.97 on November 4, 2021, by around $15. Tesla’s market value has increased by approximately 71% this year, with nearly all of those gains occurring since President-elect Donald Trump’s November election victory.

Additionally, Musk's new role as co-head of Trump's fake Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) grants him influence over federal agencies' budgets and staffing, as well as the ability to advocate for the removal of troublesome regulations. During a Tesla earnings call in October, Musk stated that he planned to use his influence with Trump to establish a “federal approval process for autonomous vehicles.”

More from News/political-news

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less