Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Billy Porter Offers Apology To Harry Styles For Attacking His 'Vogue' Cover: 'It's Not About You'

Billy Porter Offers Apology To Harry Styles For Attacking His 'Vogue' Cover: 'It's Not About You'
David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images, Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for HS)
Make us preferred on Google

Pose actor Billy Porter publicly apologized to pop singer Harry Styles. Porter has faced backlash for a comment he made last year about Vogue Magazine featuring the "Watermelon Sugar" singer on its cover.



Last October, Styles became Vogue's first male solo to grace the cover of the iconic fashion and lifestyle magazine, and he did it flawlessly in a fabulous Gucci gown.

While his gender-breaking portraiture incurred the wrath of conservative critics like Candace Owens, who encouraged toxic masculinity with her "Bring back manly men" comment, many celebrities and social media influencers supported Vogue and the former One Direction singer.

But Porter, who is a prominently gay, gender-bending fashion icon, was not happy with Vogue for promoting Styles' sartorial aesthetic.

The actor told The Sunday Times, "I feel like the fashion industry has accepted me because they have to," adding, "I'm not necessarily convinced and here is why."

"I created the conversation [about gender-fluid fashion] and yet Vogue still put Harry Styles, a straight white man, in a dress on their cover for the first time."



He suggested that selecting a famous, white pop singer for the cover was insulting, as Styles has not worked to establish non-binary fashion.

"I'm not dragging Harry Styles," Porter emphasized.

"But he is the one you're going to try and use to represent this new conversation? He doesn't care, he's just doing it because it's the thing to do."

delete


Now that the dust has settled since the heated conversation, Porter clarified his statement about Styles and apologized to him during an interview with Stephen Colbert on November 6.


"The first thing I wanna say is, Harry Styles, I apologize to you for having your name in my mouth. It's not about you," said Porter.

"The conversation is not about you. The conversation is actually deeper than that. It's about the systems of oppression and erasure of people of color who contribute to the culture."





He admitted that it was a "lot to unpack," but added he was willing to revisit the conversation "sans the dragging and cancel culture of the internet because I do not now, nor will I ever, adjudicate my life—or humanity—in soundbites on social media."

"So when you're ready to have the real conversation, call a b*tch," he said while fanning himself with a Pride fan.

He finished the segment, saying:

"I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean no harm. I'm a gay man. We like Harry, he's cute."

More from Entertainment

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less