Back to the Future is a movie that is so iconic it actually has its own holiday. Today is Back to the Future Day 2017, otherwise known as the day that Marty traveled to in the time machine when he visited the future. Let’s be honest—the film’s version the future with flying cars can seem a little far-fetched but some predictions (such as video conferencing) were correct.
To celebrate October 21 bttf day, here are our 10 favorite Back to the Future movie quotes:
1. Dr. Emmett Brown: Great Scott!
2. Marty McFly: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine … out of a DeLorean?
Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you’re going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
3. George McFly: Lorraine. My density has brought me to you.
Lorraine Baines: What?
George McFly: Oh. What I meant to say was...
Lorraine Baines: Wait a minute. Don't I know you from somewhere?
George McFly: Yes. Yes. I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean, your destiny.
4. Dr. Emmett Brown: Your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one.
5. Marty McFly: Whoa. Wait a minute, Doc. Are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
Dr. Emmett Brown: Precisely.
Marty McFly: Whoa. This is heavy.
Dr. Emmett Brown: There's that word again. "Heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?
6. Dr. Emmett Brown: Marty! I need you to go back with me!
Marty McFly: Where?
Dr. Emmett Brown: Back to the Future!
7. Marty McFly: Where are my pants?
Lorraine Baines: Over there, on my hope chest.
8. Marty McFly: Hey, Doc. You’d better back up, we don’t have enough road to get up to 88.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Roads? Where we going we don’t need roads.
9. Dr. Emmett Brown: Don't worry. As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower... everything will be fine.
10. Dr. Emmett Brown: Time traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.