Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Brian Williams Trolls Fox News By Showing Eye-Opening Ad About Capitol Riot They Refused To Air

Brian Williams Trolls Fox News By Showing Eye-Opening Ad About Capitol Riot They Refused To Air
MSNBC

MSNBC news anchor Brian Williams delivered a sobering call-out to Fox News on his show The 11th Hour Monday night. He featured a bracing ad about the January 6 coup attempt at the Capitol.

The Rupert Murdoch owned conservative media presence refused to air the ad on their network.


Created by political action committee (PAC) MeidasTouch, the ad features news footage of the insurrection and first-person accounts from that day. After Fox News rejected it, MeidasTouch tweeted the video, asking followers to make it go viral on the platform.

Williams decided to do them one better by showing it live on national television.

He called out Fox News' integrity in the process while saying barely a word about the network.

Before airing the ad, Williams directed his viewers to ask themselves two simple questions that cleverly and subtly laid bare Fox News's notorious commitment to bias and dishonesty.

"While you watch, ask yourself what isn't factual about it, which people in it aren't real."
"It's about the attempt to overturn our election, the insurrection of 1/6, and the story is told by those in the fight."

What followed was a shocking reminder of that January day, told by one of Fox News' purported favorite demographics—law enforcement officers—who described in disturbing detail the attacks they underwent while doing their jobs.

One officer described the chemical burns she received on her face while another described the violence of the Capitol rioters as "the most brutal, savage hand-to-hand combat of my entire life."

In a voiceover, another confessed how traumatic it has been to watch Republican officials "white wash" what happened to law enforcement during the riot, including describing the violent insurrection as a "normal tourist visit."

In a tweet posted over the weekend, MeidasTouch explained it had purchased nearly $185,000 in ad time on the network for the video.

The Los Angeles Times reported that ad buy, from June 6 to June 15, would have included seven days of airtime on the network's popular morning show Fox and Friends. But MeidasTouch was informed Friday June 4 by the network it was refusing to run the ad.

Rejecting an ad composed of nothing but news footage and first-person law enforcement accounts is an interesting choice for a network that once called itself "fair and balanced."

And on Twitter, people applauded both Williams and MeidasTouch for calling out Fox News.










MeidasTouch told The Los Angeles Times this is the first time Fox News has ever rejected one of their ads outright without requesting edits.

More from News

Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hayden Panettiere
On Purpose with Jay Shetty; Neutrogena

Hayden Panettiere Claims Neutrogena Fired Her After 10 Years For Speaking About Postpartum Depression—And Fans Are Appalled

Despite being in an industry that many people only dream of, Heroes and Bring It On star Hayden Panettiere hasn't had the best of luck.

With her memoir This Is Me: A Reckoning coming out soon, Panettiere has been opening up about her experiences with discrimination and abuse, this time on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, shedding light on one very popular skincare line.

Keep ReadingShow less