Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Astronaut Epically Drags George Santos After He's Assigned To House 'Space' Committee

Scott Kelly; George Santos
Johnny Louis/Getty Images; Wade Vandervort/AFP via Getty Images

Astronaut Scott Kelly, brother of Sen. Mark Kelly, played into Santos' history of lying and embellishing with his legendary troll.

Retired astronaut Scott Kelly—twin brother of former astronaut and Arizona Democratic Senator Mark Kelly—mocked New York Republican Representative George Santos after Republicans announced he was recommended to sit on the House Small Business Committee and House Science, Space and Technology Committee.

Santos—who admitted to “embellishing” his résumé after The New York Times exposed multiple lies he told—has no experience that qualifies him to sit on either committee.


With this in mind, Kelly, who is a veteran of four space flights and commanded the International Space Station (ISS) on three different occasions, couldn't resist trolling Santos for both lacking experience and inflating his résumé.

Kelly "congratulated" Santos when he wrote:

"Awesome to have former NASA astronaut and moon walker, Representative George Santos on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee. To infinity and beyond!"

You can see Kelly's tweet below.

The recommendation Santos sit on both committees came from the House GOP Steering Committee, which is composed of party leaders, selected committee leaders, class leaders and regional representatives.

While the Steering Committee's recommendation will have to be approved by the full House Republican Conference, the conference typically approves the Steering Committee's recommendations.

Even so, many appreciated Kelly's trolling for highlighting Santos' lies as well as general Republican incompetence.



Calls for Santos to step down intensified after The New York Times published an article detailing how Santos gave Long Island, New York Republican officials a bogus résumé when he first expressed interest in running for a seat in the House of Representatives.

Santos lied about everything from his education to his work history. Had Nassau County Republicans "dug into any of the claims," The Times noted, "they would probably have found that much of Mr. Santos’ account was baldly fabricated."

Subsequent New York Times investigations unearthed possible campaign finance violations related to suspicious expenditures listed on his campaign disclosures. Republicans largely denounced him and Santos told New York GOP officials he does not plan to run for reelection in 2024.

Santos is the subject of criminal investigations in both the United States and Brazil, where authorities confirmed they will revive a fraud case against him regarding the theft of a checkbook he used to purchase $700 of items in a clothing store in 2008.

More from Trending

Elon Musk Just Revealed His New Net Worth Goal After Hitting $800 Billion—And The Greed Is Off The Charts
Elon Musk Ripped After Setting Net Worth Goal To $10 Trillion

Elon Musk Just Revealed His New Net Worth Goal After Hitting $800 Billion—And The Greed Is Off The Charts

If you're wondering if there's an amount of money that would ever be "enough" for gazillionaire sociopath Elon Musk, the answer is apparently no.

He's already the world's richest man, with his net worth surpassing $800 billion in February after his company SpaceX acquired xAI earlier this year

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Meidas Touch Network

Trump Just Tried To Impress Some Kids With His Putting Skills At A White House Physical Fitness Event—And It Went Hilariously Awry

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump signed a memo at the White House on Tuesday, reinstating the Presidential Fitness Test Award.

Seated at the C&O Desk—Trump removed the Resolute Desk in February of 2025 for some "light refinishing"—in the Oval Office, the POTUS was flanked by schoolchildren, professional athletes, and members of his cabinet during the event to mark National Youth Sports and Fitness Month.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chuck Schumer; Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Chuck Schumer Claps Back Hard After White House Shades Him With Racist Cinco De Mayo Meme

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded after the White House marked Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday by sharing a racist AI-generated meme of him and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries celebrating the holiday.

In the image, the two men are depicted seated at a table near the border, wearing sombreros and raising margaritas in a toast, with a sign placed in front of them that reads: “I LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Hannah Natanson
Tom Brenner/For The Washington Post via Getty Images

'Washington Post' Journalist Who Had Home Raided By Trump's FBI Just Won Pulitzer Prize—And Her Reaction In Viral Video Says It All

Washington Post journalist Hannah Natanson won the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for her coverage of the Trump administration's disastrous DOGE initiative and her somber reaction to the news underscores how taxing the political environment has been for journalists just trying to do their jobs.

DOGE founder Elon Musk previously stated that his goal was to reduce federal spending by $2 trillion from the $6.75 trillion annual budget recorded in the 2024 fiscal year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Kid Cudi (left) removed M.I.A. (right) from his Rebel Ragers Tour following backlash over her onstage remarks.
Joseph Okpako/WireImage via Getty Images; Gilbert Carrasquillo/Getty Images

Rapper Kid Cudi Fires M.I.A. From His Tour After Her Rant About 'Illegals' Draws Instant Backlash

If M.I.A. was hoping for attention, she got it—just not the kind that comes with a tour slot. Following backlash over her rant about “illegals,” Kid Cudi made it clear he’s not co-signing the controversy, dropping her from his Rebel Ragers Tour with zero hesitation.

It all went down on May 2 at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, where fans captured the British rapper in a monologue that quickly went viral online.

Keep ReadingShow less