Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Infectious Disease Doctor Makes Fox News Host Immediately Regret Inviting Him on to Discuss Trump's Pandemic Response

Infectious Disease Doctor Makes Fox News Host Immediately Regret Inviting Him on to Discuss Trump's Pandemic Response
Fox News
Make us preferred on Google

For weeks, on-air personalities at Fox News parroted President Donald Trump and his administration's dismissals of the virus that's upended daily life in the United States.

The President finally started acknowledging the threat posed by the virus, yet still refuses to take responsibility for his administration's lack of preparedness. Despite multiple warnings that the United States wasn't prepared for a pandemic, the administration took little action in the early stages of the outbreak, when containing it was more feasible.


As a result, a shortage of medical equipment and a surge in unemployment have taken place.

That hasn't stopped some Fox hosts from trying to rewrite history, pivoting accountability away from the President.

Pediatric infectious disease expert Dr. Rishi Desai was having none of that in a recent interview with Fox's Martha MacCallum, in which Desai laid bare what the administration should've been doing instead of dismissing the threat as a "hoax."

Watch below.

After MacCallum said the government was "working on" more efficient testing kits for the virus, Desai responded:

"Yeah, they're working on it. They should've been working on it for months. So the fact is we knew about this from the WHO when? December 31, 2019. So last year, we knew about this. We knew [the virus] was coming, we knew it was a respiratory disease, we knew it was person to person."

Desai pointed out that even the most efficient machines available can only handle one test at a time, which he said doesn't meet the level of contagion the United States is about to see at the height of the pandemic.

He continued:

"We needed this months ago...South Korea and the U.S. had their first confirmed case on the same date: January 19. Since January 19, you look at what South Korea did and what we did. Their population is one sixth of ours. Look at the cases they have, look at the mortality they have. It's a trifle compared to what we're dealing with right now, because we've had a very weak response and they had a really strong response."

After an awkward silence, MacCallum promptly ended the interview:

"Doctor, thank you, very interesting to talk to you Dr. Desai. I hope you'll come back as we move through this difficult period for the country."

People noticed that Desai wasn't asked any additional questions after he began criticizing the government's response.



They were pretty sure Dr. Desai wouldn't find himself on Fox News again any time soon.



Nevertheless, people commended his honesty.



Bravo, doctor.

More from People/donald-trump

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less