Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

After Donald Trump Went After CNN's Jim Acosta During a Press Conference, CNN Just Responded, and They Are Not Holding Back

After Donald Trump Went After CNN's Jim Acosta During a Press Conference, CNN Just Responded, and They Are Not Holding Back
CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta tries to ask President Donald Trump a question during a press conference November 7, 2018. (CNN/YouTube)

Whoa.

Make us preferred on Google

President Donald Trump made it very clear he hates bad press. Even when facts back the reports about him, he refers to all negative press as "fake news."

Because a free and honest press should report the truth, even if the President in office lies, Trump refers to most of the press as "the enemy of the people." During a Wednesday press conference, the President took his attacks a step further.


CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta tried to ask Trump a question he did not want to answer, so the President told him to give up the microphone and sit down. Acosta finally relinquished the mic to a White House aide—that tried to grab it from him earlier—after Trump moved to walk out of the press conference.

Trump then berated Acosta.

The President stated:

"I’ll tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn’t be working for CNN."

Trump then claimed Acosta treated Sarah Huckabee Sanders poorly when he questioned her about the President's use of the phrase "enemy of the people" to describe any press that fails to flatter him or when he disputed a Trump lie that Sanders repeated during her White House briefings.

When the next reporter attempted to defend Acosta, Trump told NBC’s Peter Alexander he was not fond of him either.

Acosta stood to remind Trump of pipe bombs sent to CNN and his use of the phrase "enemy of the people" to describe press outlets that criticize him or tell truths he dislikes. Trump reiterated his claim CNN was fake news and deserved whatever happened to them.

Watch the exchange here.

Trump went on to claim CNN's polls were a form of voter suppression.

CNN responded to the President's attacks with an official statement of support for Acosta and the First Amendment. The network wrote:

"This President's ongoing attacks on the press have gone too far. They are not only dangerous, they are disturbingly un-American."

CNN then raised the issue of the President's oath of office to defend the Constitution, including the First Amendment.

"While President Trump has made it clear he does not respect a free press, he has a sworn obligation to protect it."

CNN concluded:

"A free press is vital to democracy, and we stand behind Jim Acosta and his fellow journalists everywhere."

They posted their response on Twitter as well.

Others also came out in support of Acosta and a free press.

Other news organizations and individuals tweeted their support for Acosta and the First Amendment against Trump's attacks.

After the pipe bomb attacks executed by the aptly dubbed MAGAbomber, reporters asked Trump if he planned to tone down his attacks on the media. Today's press conference indicates he clearly does not.

Wednesday night, Acosta posted to Twitter that he had been barred from entering the White House for the 8:00pm press hit.

Acosta also added video of a Secret Service officer taking his press pass.

According to media reports, Sarah Huckabee Sanders stated the revocation of Acosta's credentials were because of "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job." Others disputer Sanders claim.

This story continues to develop.

More from People/donald-trump

Screenshot of Joey Jones
Fox News

Fox News Host Slammed After Criticizing 'Weak' Sailors Complaining About Deteriorating Conditions Aboard USS Lincoln

Fox News host Joey Jones was criticized for his complaints about the "weak" U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Jones is a Marine veteran who spent eight years in the military and served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He was seriously wounded by an IED in Afghanistan in 2010, sustaining severe injuries to his arms and wrists and losing both legs above the knee.

Keep ReadingShow less
screenshot of AI Elon Musk as Austin Powers
@elonmusk/X

Elon Musk Brutally Dragged After Sharing Bizarre AI Slop Video Of Himself As Austin Powers

On Wednesday, AI content creator DFF posted another of their parody videos on X mocking a major political figure.

The politics of DFF aren't specified, as they appear to mock just about everyone, but the Trump administration and their allies seem to be frequent targets. The account name DFF stands for "Dumb F*ck Finder" and their bio reads "Fighting DumbF*ckery 24/7 via AI-powered music vids & memes. Don’t Be a DumbFxck."

Keep ReadingShow less
Rosario Dawson (left) revealed her cameo was cut from Tom Holland’s (right) Spider-Man: Brand New Day.
Ernesto Ruscio/Getty Images; Sony/Marvel Studios

Rosario Dawson Reveals Her Cameo In 'Spider-Man: Brand New Day' Was Cut—And Her Mom's Reaction Has Fans Cackling

Fans expected Spider-Man: Brand New Day to deliver its share of surprise cameos, but one familiar Marvel face apparently got caught in the editing web.

In resurfaced footage from July’s GalaxyCon in Raleigh, North Carolina, 47-year-old Sin City and Ahsoka star Rosario Dawson told fellow actor Vincent D’Onofrio that she had slipped back into her Daredevil scrubs as Claire Temple for the blockbuster.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jamie Lee Curtis
Errich Petersen/SXSW Conference & Festivals/Getty Images

Jamie Lee Curtis Clears The Air After Saying She Had An 'Awful' Experience Filming 'New Girl'

Every actor has their preferences when it comes to stage production, and Jamie Lee Curtis is no exception, especially when it comes to comedy.

Curtis was recently touring to promote and answer questions about her latest show, Newlyweds on NBC, which she co-created with Black-ish and Ugly Betty's Gail Lerner. The Freakier Friday actress explained that she was excited to create a story that centered around older characters and finding love later in life, following a couple portrayed by Tea Leoni and Tim Daly.

Keep ReadingShow less
Ashley Callingbull
@corrinaaligned/Instagram

Former Miss Universe Canada Praised After Calling Out Contestants' Costumes For Cultural Appropriation On Live TV

Ashley Callingbull, Canada's 2024 Miss Universe contestant, made history that year when she became the first First Nations competitor to win the pageant.

Now, she's using that platform to call out other contestants for cultural appropriation in their pageant appearances.

Keep ReadingShow less