Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Interview With A 'Broken' DeSantis Sparks Awkward Comparisons To Notorious 'The Boys' Villain

Fox News screenshot of Ron DeSantis; Prime Video screenshot of Homelander from "The Boys"
Fox News; Prime Video

A Fox News interview with the flailing GOP presidential candidate sparked immediate comparisons to the unstable 'The Boys' character Homelander.

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis was widely mocked online after a Fox News interview he gave sparked immediate comparisons to Homelander, the unstable villain on the Prime Video series The Boys.

In the third season of the series, the psychopathic antagonist, portrayed by Antony Starr, engages in media interviews amid ongoing controversies. Homelander's forced smile and calculated demeanor mirror that of a parody of Superman, as he attempts to shape public perception by proclaiming his excitement for others to meet the "real me."


And in his Fox News interview, DeSantis—who has already been criticized for lacking social graces—displayed a similarly strained smile as he was questioned about a memo originating from the Never Back Down Super PAC, which proposed a strategic plan for the upcoming Republican presidential primary debate scheduled for Wednesday, August 23.

The outlined plan entails a four-part strategy for how to win the Republican debate:

  1. Attack Joe Biden and the media 3-5 times.
  2. State [DeSantis]' positive vision 2-3 times.
  3. Hammer Vivek Ramaswamy in a response.
  4. Defend Donald Trump in absentia in response to a Chris Christie attack.

But DeSantis denied having any knowledge of the memo and its contents—and the smile he gave during such serious, damaging questioning only made things worse.

You can watch the moment in the video below.

DeSantis—who insisted the memo is “not mine”—said:

"I know from the military, when you’re over the target, that’s when you’re taking flak. If you look, really, in the last six to nine months, I’ve been more attacked than anybody else."
"Biden, Harris, the media, the left, other Republican candidates...there’s a reason for that, because people know I’m the biggest threat, so we view it as positive feedback."
"We'll be ready to do what we need to do to deliver our message."

The interview faced further scrutiny and mockery, with viewers drawing parallels between DeSantis' smile and that of Homelander.



Polling data shows that former President Donald Trump continues to leave DeSantis in the dust despite facing almost 100 charges across four different criminal indictments.

Recent surveys, including one by CBS News and YouGov, reveal a substantial gap between DeSantis and his competitors.

The poll shows that Trump maintains a commanding lead among Republicans with a remarkable 62% support. In contrast, DeSantis lags behind with 16%, a little over a quarter of Trump's backing.

Given this glaring disparity, it would appear imperative for DeSantis to make a strategic move to challenge Trump's supremacy. However, the documents from DeSantis' debate preparation indicate a contrasting approach.

More from News/2024-election

Screenshot of Woody Harrelson; Donald Trump
@implausibleblog/X; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Woody Harrelson Says What We're All Thinking About 'Son Of A B*tch' Trump In Resurfaced Red Carpet Interview

Actor Woody Harrelson referred to President Donald Trump as a "son of a b*tch" during the first Trump administration, and those remarks have resurfaced as Trump faces more and more criticism from high-profile figures amid the nationwide immigration crackdown and human rights abuses committed by ICE.

Harrelson is a self-described anarchist who previously backed Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy's independent bid for the presidency. But he isn't necessarily a fan of Trump's, as evidenced by prior remarks he made that resurfaced on Reddit.

Keep ReadingShow less
Mehcad Brooks (left) and James Van Der Beek (right) are pictured prior to Van Der Beek’s death in February 2026.
Kristina Bumphrey/Variety via Getty Images; Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Close Friend Of James Van Der Beek Slams Critics Of His Family's GoFundMe In Scathing Post

When critics began questioning why a GoFundMe had been launched for James Van Der Beek’s family, actor Mehcad Brooks came ready with a response.

Van Der Beek died February 11 at age 48 following a battle with stage 3 colorectal cancer. In the days after his death, a GoFundMe page organized by family friends was created to support his wife, Kimberly Van Der Beek, and their six children, who organizers said were facing “an uncertain future.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Barack Obama
Scott Olson/Getty Images

Obama Clarifies His Claim On Podcast That Aliens Are 'Real' After Accidentally Sparking Conspiracy Theories

Former President Barack Obama was forced to clarify his claim on liberal influencer Brian Tyler Cohen's YouTube channel that aliens are "real" after unwittingly sparking conspiracy theories online.

Since the 1980s, conspiracy theorists have claimed Area 51 in Nevada hides aliens. The idea exploded in 2019, when millions online jokingly pledged to storm the base to “see them aliens.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Randy Fine
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Hit With Instant Backlash After Tweeting Truly Vile Post About Muslims And Dogs

Florida Republican Representative Randy Fine is facing harsh criticism after publishing a bigoted tweet that draws a comparison between Muslim people and dogs.

Fine said he was reacting to an online post from Palestinian American activist Nerdeen Kiswani, who wrote that dogs belonged in society but not inside homes, calling them unclean. Kiswani later told NBC News the remark was satirical and part of a local New York debate about dog waste following a recent snowstorm.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hillary Clinton; Donald Trump
Alex Wong/Getty Images; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Hillary Clinton Epically Calls Out 'Disgraceful' Trump For Working With Putin Against Ukraine: 'He Has Betrayed The West'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticized President Donald Trump and his administration during an exchange at the Munich Security Conference over the weekend, saying Trump has "betrayed the West" with his "disgraceful" handling of Ukraine.

In particular, Clinton called out Trump's often deferential attitude toward Russian President Vladimir Putin, who invaded Ukraine in a "special military operation" in 2022. Clinton said that not only are Putin and Trump "profiting" off Ukrainian "misery," Trump is also looking to Putin as a "model" of what a leader can be, effectively betraying Western values.

Keep ReadingShow less