Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

8-Year-Old Girl Says Nationals Game Was Her Second Shooting In Heartbreaking Interview

8-Year-Old Girl Says Nationals Game Was Her Second Shooting In Heartbreaking Interview
@TheTNHoller/Twitter

Washington D.C. baseball fans were horrified Saturday night when a shootout involving two cars occurred just outside the Nationals baseball stadium.

According to CBS Sports, the shots could be heard clearly by the many fans who were sitting inside the stadium watching the game, some of whom fled to the nearby team dugouts to find cover.


The gunfire was even audible to fans watching and listening to television and radio broadcasts of the game.

The D.C. Police Department stated the incident sent three people to the hospital—two suspects who were directly involved in the shooting, as well as a woman who was attending the game but had been outside the stadium when the shots rang out.

Since the event, the internet has been struck by the words of an eight-year-old girl who was in the ball park and witnessed the entire thing.


Viewers of her video interview were heartbroken to hear this was the second time she's been in an active shooter situation like this.

In a tweet posted by The Tennessee Holler, 8-year-old Faris Nunn explained how quickly it all happened.

"I saw people looking that way. And I didn't know what was going on until I heard someone say get down, so I just started going under the seats."

When she elaborated on another key detail, the stark context of a trauma like this came into view.

"It was my second shooting. So I was kind of prepared ... because I always am expecting something to happen."

For Twitter users who saw the video, Nunn's hauntingly casual explanation was worth a thousand words.








The events of Saturday night had a clear impact on parents who hoped to bring their children to the game on the following day.

WUSA 9 spoke to many parents who were forced to acknowledge the dangerous realities that became so clear on Saturday.

One parent, for example, shared how she consulted the park map to gauge the situation.

"Our seats are right by a door or an exit. So yeah, we're good. We're right behind the bullpen. So we're in the back and we know how to get out."

But as we've seen so many times in the USA, these tragedies tend to fade from view.

Until the next one comes along.

More from Trending

Maddie Schizas
Maddie Meyer/Getty Images

Professor's Heartwarming Email To Olympic Figure Skater Who Asked For An Extension On Her Assignment Is Everything

While going through school and possibly college, we probably all had an assignment or two for which we really could have used an extension.

Admittedly, some reasons for needing an extension sound better than others, but competing in the Olympics seems like a pretty solid one.

Keep ReadingShow less
Andy Ogles; Bad Bunny
Heather Diehl/Getty Images; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Dragged After Claiming Bad Bunny's Halftime Show Depicted 'Gay Pornography'

Tennessee Republican Representative Andy Ogles was widely mocked after he claimed Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime show was "pure smut" that depicted "gay pornography"—even going so far as to write a letter to the Energy and Commerce Committee demanding "a formal congressional inquiry" into the "indecent broadcast."

The rapper, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, delivered a largely Spanish-language show that has been hailed as a "love letter to Puerto Rico" and that drew from his latest album, Debí Tirar Más Fotos, which won the Grammy for Album of the Year just a week ago.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chris Brown (left) and Bad Bunny (right) are pictured separately amid online backlash and praise following Bad Bunny’s record-breaking Super Bowl halftime performance.
Marc Piasecki/WireImage; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

Chris Brown Slammed After Appearing To Throw Bizarre Shade At Bad Bunny's Halftime Show

Bad Bunny’s record-breaking halftime show pulled in over 135 million viewers—fans, stans, casual watchers, and yes, professional haters who tune in just to be mad. Which brings me to the loudest one in the room: Chris Brown.

Brown took to social media to offer an unsolicited—and frankly bizarre—reaction to the Puerto Rico-inspired performance, posting a cryptic message that immediately rubbed people the wrong way.

Keep ReadingShow less
Todd Richards; Big Air Snowboarder Seungeun Yu
@btoddrichards/Instagram; Ulrik Pedersen/NurPhoto via Getty Images

NBC Broadcaster Speaks Out After He's Caught On Hot Mic Trashing Men's Snowboarding Competition At Olympics

Well, we've officially got our first hot mic oopsie of the 2026 Milano Cortina Olympics!

Broadcaster Todd Richards took to Instagram Sunday to apologize for comments he made during the men's big air snowboarding event that he didn't realize were being broadcast.

Keep ReadingShow less
Amber Glenn; Donald Trump
Andy Cheung/Getty Images; Samuel Corum/Getty Images

Olympic Figure Skater Reveals 'Scary Amount' Of Threats She Got After Her Criticism Of Trump

Amber Glenn, the first openly queer woman to represent the U.S. in figure skating, spoke out in an Instagram post about the torrent of threats she's received after criticizing President Donald Trump's treatment of the LGBTQ+ community.

Glenn had voiced criticism of the Trump administration earlier in the week during a pre-Olympics press conference, describing the period as especially difficult for herself and others in the LGBTQ+ community. Her comments were among several political statements made by U.S. athletes in the run-up to the Winter Games in Milan, Italy.

Keep ReadingShow less