Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Fox Host Cuts Away From Trump's Border Speech With 2020 Election Reality Check

Neil Cavuto; Screenshot of Donald Trump
Roy Rochlin/Getty Images; Fox News

After Donald Trump veered into complaining about the 2020 election during his Texas border speech, Neil Cavuto cut away with a clarification.

Make us preferred on Google

Fox News host Neil Cavuto gave former President Donald Trump a blunt reality check after Trump veered into complaining about the 2020 election during a speech on immigration while visiting the border city of Eagle Pass, Texas.

Trump focused on what he termed "migrant crime," a phrase increasingly used by both Trump and Fox News as the upcoming November election draws near.


While Trump did not repeat his false claims of voter fraud during the 2020 election, he alluded to it by stating:

“We were doing a great job. And that’s where it stood, and then we had an election that we ended up getting many millions more votes than we did."
"We did much better in 2020 than we ever even thought about doing in 2016. And very bad things happened and from that moment, it was a whole different ballgame in Texas and all over.”

Cavuto, the host of Fox's Your World, cut away and then fact-checked Trump's assertions, reminding viewers that despite receiving more votes than he had in 2016, Trump still lost the 2020 election:

“We’re continuing to monitor this. Just one slight thing I wanted to add because when you hear it – and you heard from Donald Trump about the 2020 election and he got millions more votes. In fact, he did get millions more votes."
"He still lost that election. That is not in doubt anymore. That’s not being debated anymore.”

You can watch what happened in the video below.

Many appreciated Cavuto's response to Trump's bizarre word salad.


Quite a few pointed out that by having Cavuto clarify this point, Fox News executives are merely saving their own skins after paying $787.5 million to settle a lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems regarding the network's false claims about rigged voting machines.


Cavuto made headlines last week after he cut away from a Trump campaign rally in South Carolina to clarify that the issue of voter fraud has been "adjudicated many, many times."

In addressing similar claims from Trump about the "rigged" election, Cavuto said that the matter had "been investigated by everyone and his uncle, no fewer than 44 investigations launched, some of them by judges that were picked by Donald Trump himself, that found no evidence of that in the seven battleground states where most of them were focused."

Cavuto—who Trump once said should be fired over a segment featuring a guest who called Trump’s 2016 debate performances “disastrous"— concluded that Trump "lost each and every one of those states, and no facts—or no history that he mentions on the stump right now—will change that.”

More from People/donald-trump

Screenshots of Tim Pool and Mason
Surrounded/Jubilee

Right-Wing Podcaster Storms Off Debate Show Set After Being Epically Called Out For Grifting Off Of 'Civil War' Claims

Right-wing podcaster Tim Pool was widely mocked after storming off the set of the debate series Surrounded when he was grilled over his constant claims that the United States is tracking towards a "civil war."

Pool recently appeared in Jubilee’s series, where progressive commentator Mason challenged his repeated warnings that the U.S. could be heading toward a “civil war.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Scrreenshot of Jon Ossoff; Donald Trump and Natalie Harp
@Acyn/X; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Jon Ossoff Rips Trump During Speech With Brutal Dig About His Problematic Relationship With Fawning Young Aide

Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff took aim at President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his young aide Natalie Harp during a campaign speech on Sunday.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Donald Trump and John Teichert
Fox News

Trump Just Threatened To 'Bomb The Sh*t Out Of' Oman—And Even Fox News Is Flabbergasted

Even Fox News is stunned after President Donald Trump threatened to "bomb the sh*t out of" Oman if the country "gets in the way" of talks between the U.S. and Iran.

Trump’s remarks came amid stalled U.S.-Iran negotiations and separate talks between Iran and Oman over how commercial shipping could resume through the Strait of Hormuz. Fox News correspondent Trey Yingst reported that Trump warned the U.S. would attack Oman if it interfered with American efforts, though Fox did not release audio of the interview.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump speaking at rally
@Acyn/X

MAGA Rally Crowd Applauds After Trump Says He'll 'Never Apologize' For Higher Gas Prices In Surreal Viral Video

President Donald Trump was met with applause from supporters in a surreal moment at a MAGA rally on Long Island, New York, after he told attendees he'd "never apologize" for higher gas costs due to his war with Iran.

A recent Gallup poll found that 55 percent of respondents felt their finances were worsening, a level of pessimism exceeding that seen during both the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. This comes as the highly unpopular war in Iran continues to rage, sending gas prices surging. Americans have spent an additional $59 billion on fuel since Trump launched the war.

Keep ReadingShow less