Most Read


Mom Horrified After Amazon Echo Gives Her Young Daughter A Super Dangerous 'Challenge'

Mom Horrified After Amazon Echo Gives Her Young Daughter A Super Dangerous 'Challenge'
Neil Godwin/Future Publishing via Getty Images

A mom tweeted her horror when she saw the dangerous "challenge" her Amazon Echo gave her young daughter.

Kristin Livdahl's 10-year-old daughter asked Alexa to give her a "challenge" to do.

The results were incredibly hazardous and have the potential for an electrical fire.

Livdahl tweeted a screenshot of the activity from her Echo.

“Here’s something I found on the web. According to"
"The challenge is simple: plug in a phone charger about halfway into a wall outlet, then touch a penny to the exposed prongs."


The tweet quickly went viral.

The Echo was pulling the information from an article explaining the latest dangerous TikTok challenge involving a penny and an electrical outlet.

It warned parents to keep an eye on their kids and be ready to have a talk about the dangers of electrical fires.

The Amazon Help Twitter account sent a reply to Livdahl's tweet.

The tweet was most likely an automated message:

"Hi there. We're sorry to hear this!"
"Please reach out to us directly via the following link so that we can look into this further with you."
"We hope this helps."

Regardless, a lot of people noticed and decided to say something.

This particular challenge started in 2020, but somehow Alexa picked this out of the many other viral challenges that are less harmful.

Back when it first became viral, the Boston Globe reported on the Plymouth Fire Department responding to an attempt at the challenge at Plymouth North High School.

Fire Chief Edward Bradley said:

“These actions are extremely dangerous and could potentially start a fire and cause thousands of dollars in property damage."
"It could also cause serious injury to anyone who is nearby."
“These actions are also grounds for criminal charges."
"Luckily no one was hurt today, but we urge parents to talk to their children about this troubling trend and tell them how dangerous it is to themselves and others.”

There's been no statement from Amazon since the incident went viral.