Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Man Hospitalized After Stepping In To Defend His Two Gay Friends From 'Disgusting' Homophobic Attack

Man Hospitalized After Stepping In To Defend His Two Gay Friends From 'Disgusting' Homophobic Attack
Lee David DuChard-esq/Facebook

An English man has landed in the hospital after standing up to two men who were hurling homophobic slurs at his friends.


Lee Brobson, a 30-year-old man from Chelmsford, Essex, UK, was walking to a bar with his gay friends, Dan and Clark, when a couple of homophobic passersby decided to engage them with various slurs and aggressive language.

"We spotted these two guys staring at us, following us down the road with their eyes," Brobson told PinkNews UK. "Clark decided to engage with them and said hello, to ask what they're staring at."

"I tired to calm them down and dismiss it," Brobson said, "but they grabbed my friend and pulled him back."





Brobson continued, saying the violence was totally unprompted.

"It's 2020, and we're just off doing out own thing. They weren't having any of it and that's when they punched me down. They were going in for blood...it was hurtful and disgusting."

Brobson was then used as the homophobes' personal punching bag, resulting in nine hours in the hospital.





Brobson said his posting of his injuries on Facebook was to raise awareness that homophobia is hardly a thing of the past.

"I'm determined that something good will come from this even if they never get caught," he said.

"I hope it brings awareness to attacks of this nature and people can be educated in that what they did was wrong. Homophobia or hate crimes do not have a place in modern day society."

Homophobic attacks in the UK have more than doubled in the past five years, coinciding with the election of a Tory majority and the pro-Brexit vote.





Hopefully Brobson's story will serve its purpose and raise awareness.

More from Trending

Dolly Parton
Jason Kempin/Getty Images

Dolly Parton Shares Bittersweet Update After Having To Cancel Vegas Residency Due To Health Issues

Last year, Dolly Parton's Las Vegas residency had to be put on hold while she dealt with several private health issues.

Her sister, Freida, accidentally caused a stir when asking online for prayers for Dolly while she got her health sorted out. The singer came online and said that she was fine, responsibly addressing her health concerns, and would follow through with her residency soon, setting everyone's minds at ease.

Keep ReadingShow less
Elon Musk Just Revealed His New Net Worth Goal After Hitting $800 Billion—And The Greed Is Off The Charts
Elon Musk Ripped After Setting Net Worth Goal To $10 Trillion

Elon Musk Just Revealed His New Net Worth Goal After Hitting $800 Billion—And The Greed Is Off The Charts

If you're wondering if there's an amount of money that would ever be "enough" for gazillionaire sociopath Elon Musk, the answer is apparently no.

He's already the world's richest man, with his net worth surpassing $800 billion in February after his company SpaceX acquired xAI earlier this year

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
Meidas Touch Network

Trump Just Tried To Impress Some Kids With His Putting Skills At A White House Physical Fitness Event—And It Went Hilariously Awry

MAGA Republican President Donald Trump signed a memo at the White House on Tuesday, reinstating the Presidential Fitness Test Award.

Seated at the C&O Desk—Trump removed the Resolute Desk in February of 2025 for some "light refinishing"—in the Oval Office, the POTUS was flanked by schoolchildren, professional athletes, and members of his cabinet during the event to mark National Youth Sports and Fitness Month.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chuck Schumer; Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Chuck Schumer Claps Back Hard After White House Shades Him With Racist Cinco De Mayo Meme

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded after the White House marked Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday by sharing a racist AI-generated meme of him and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries celebrating the holiday.

In the image, the two men are depicted seated at a table near the border, wearing sombreros and raising margaritas in a toast, with a sign placed in front of them that reads: “I LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Kid Cudi (left) removed M.I.A. (right) from his Rebel Ragers Tour following backlash over her onstage remarks.
Joseph Okpako/WireImage via Getty Images; Gilbert Carrasquillo/Getty Images

Rapper Kid Cudi Fires M.I.A. From His Tour After Her Rant About 'Illegals' Draws Instant Backlash

If M.I.A. was hoping for attention, she got it—just not the kind that comes with a tour slot. Following backlash over her rant about “illegals,” Kid Cudi made it clear he’s not co-signing the controversy, dropping her from his Rebel Ragers Tour with zero hesitation.

It all went down on May 2 at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, where fans captured the British rapper in a monologue that quickly went viral online.

Keep ReadingShow less