Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Boston Radio Station Gives Mind-Boggling Defense After Host Uses Racist Slur On Air

Screenshots of Chris Curtis from 'The Greg Hill Show'
'The Greg Hill Show'

WEEI-FM sports radio host Chris Curtis made the allegedly unintentionally racist joke about ESPN star Mina Kimes on 'The Greg Hill Show.'

Chris Curtis, a radio host on The Greg Hill Show, used a racist slur on air—but it's okay, guys! You see, he was actually trying to make a sexist joke.

Yep, the Boston radio station that aired the segment, WEEI-FM, tried to clear the air about Curtis' racist remark by claiming he mixed up some names in an attempt to make his "gaffe" seem less racially charged.


During the show, the hosts were discussing a proposal that would ban alcohol miniatures, also known as "nips." Dating back to WWII, the term "nips" has also been used derogatorily as a racial slur against people of Japanese decent or origin, derived from "Nippon," the Japanese word for Japan.

One of the Greg Hill Show's co-hosts asked the others to rank their favorite nips, to which Curtis replied with a grin and look over the shoulder:

"I'd probably go Mina Kimes."

ESPN writer and journalist Mina Kimes is of Korean descent.

You can watch the clip below.

The radio station tried to defend Curtis' remark by telling The Boston Globe they had no comment. They did, however, claim Curtis meant to say "Mila Kunis" instead of "Mina Kimes," which means he was talking about Kunis' nipples, then?

Needless to say, listeners of the broadcast were not okay with either scenario.



Many also acknowledged Curtis' smile after his comment. Oh, he knew.

ESPN issued a statement regarding the comment:

"There is no place for these type of hateful comments, which were uncalled for and extremely offensive."

Kimes issued her own statement, but not with words.

The NFL analyst briefly updated her Twitter profile picture.

@minakimes/Twitter

Well done, Mina. Well done.

On Thursday, Curtis gave an apology on the show, saying:

"We were discussing the potential ban of nips in Boston, and we got into which ones were the best or our favorite, and in a pathetic failed attempt at a one-liner, I attempted to bring up Mila Kunis, which was not really that funny."
"Sophomoric and sexist. But for reasons I don't understand, I said Mina Kimes."
"That was never the intention for me to say her name. It had nothing to do with the subject matter, and it dragged her into a controversy through no fault of her own."

He later added:

"I want to apologize to Mina Kimes. I want to apologize for the stupid, lame attempt at a joke."

Curtis also revealed that he has been suspended from the show through Wednesday.

Here's hoping he learned his lesson.

More from Trending

Chuck Schumer; Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

Chuck Schumer Claps Back Hard After White House Shades Him With Racist Cinco De Mayo Meme

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded after the White House marked Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday by sharing a racist AI-generated meme of him and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries celebrating the holiday.

In the image, the two men are depicted seated at a table near the border, wearing sombreros and raising margaritas in a toast, with a sign placed in front of them that reads: “I LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Hannah Natanson
Tom Brenner/For The Washington Post via Getty Images

'Washington Post' Journalist Who Had Home Raided By Trump's FBI Just Won Pulitzer Prize—And Her Reaction In Viral Video Says It All

Washington Post journalist Hannah Natanson won the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for her coverage of the Trump administration's disastrous DOGE initiative and her somber reaction to the news underscores how taxing the political environment has been for journalists just trying to do their jobs.

DOGE founder Elon Musk previously stated that his goal was to reduce federal spending by $2 trillion from the $6.75 trillion annual budget recorded in the 2024 fiscal year.

Keep ReadingShow less
Kid Cudi (left) removed M.I.A. (right) from his Rebel Ragers Tour following backlash over her onstage remarks.
Joseph Okpako/WireImage via Getty Images; Gilbert Carrasquillo/Getty Images

Rapper Kid Cudi Fires M.I.A. From His Tour After Her Rant About 'Illegals' Draws Instant Backlash

If M.I.A. was hoping for attention, she got it—just not the kind that comes with a tour slot. Following backlash over her rant about “illegals,” Kid Cudi made it clear he’s not co-signing the controversy, dropping her from his Rebel Ragers Tour with zero hesitation.

It all went down on May 2 at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, where fans captured the British rapper in a monologue that quickly went viral online.

Keep ReadingShow less
Connor Storrie
John Nacion/Getty Images

Connor Storrie Taking Off His Jacket At The Met Gala Drew Screams From The Crowd—And We Totally Get It

Heated Rivalry's Connor Storrie is quickly growing in popularity for his part as Ilya Rozanov opposite Hudson Williams's Shane Hollander.

His distinct facial features, posture, and how he carries himself are quickly earning him comparisons to the Statue of David, a Greek God, or even a young Patrick Swayze, to name a few.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump Jr. and Donald Trump
Anna Rose Layden/Getty Images

Don Jr. Just Posted Video Of Him Arriving At The White House For A 'Sleepover At Dad’s House'—And People Are Pissed

Donald Trump Jr. was called out after sharing a video of his arrival at the White House from Mar-a-Lago via Marine One for a "sleepover at dad's house," sparking heavy criticism.

In the video, Trump Jr. can be seen descending the steps of Marine One with the White House in the background. In the footage, his father, President Donald Trump, 79, is seen briskly walking ahead before Don Jr. hurries to catch up and pats him on the back—a gesture that appeared to draw little response.

Keep ReadingShow less