Republicans hoping to earn President Donald Trump's endorsement have reportedly been served with a questionnaire consisting of eight yes or no questions with room for elaboration.
Candidates holding meetings at the Office of Political Affairs were given the "Opinion Leader Questionnaire" which covers topics that include the Supreme Court, the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act, and foreign aid to Pakistan.
The White House has a few questions for candidates in Republican primaries hoping for Trump’s endorsement. https://t.co/eZCqbpYR2j— HuffPost (@HuffPost) 1524767458.0
Below are the questions, which were leaked to The Huffington Post by three GOP sources speaking on the condition of anonymity.
- "Do you support or oppose President Trump's appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court?"
- "Do you support or oppose President Trump's decision to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a multinational trade agreement?"
- "Do you support or oppose President Trump's Executive Order to suspend the issuance of visas and other immigration benefits to nationals of countries of Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen?"
- "Do you support or oppose the repeal of Obamacare's individual mandate within the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017?"
- "Do you support or oppose the President's intention to withhold foreign security assistance to Pakistan?"
- "Do you support or oppose President Trump's Infrastructure Initiative, which calls for $200 billion in Federal funds to spur at least $1.5 trillion in infrastructure investments with partners at the State, local, Tribal, and private level?"
- "On January 30, 2018, President Trump released a framework with the following four proposals to reform our immigration system: 1. Establish a $25 billion trust fund for the border wall system, ports of entry and exit, and northern border improvements 2. Promote nuclear family migration by allowing immigration sponsorships of spouses and minor children only 3. End the visa lottery program 4. Provide legal status for DACA recipients and certain other DACA-eligible illegal immigrants. Do you support or oppose President Trump's framework for immigration reform?"
- "Do you support or oppose President Trump's imposition of 25 percent tariffs on steel imports and 10 percent tariffs on aluminum imports?"
One glaring issue:
"How can they ask a question requesting a position of Support or Oppose and only offer answers of Yes and No. Clearly whoever is writing them doesn't understand English."
. @Robillard re: endorsement questionnaire. How can they ask a question requesting a position of Support or Oppose… https://t.co/N7nJEAhsfn— Jonathan W. (@Jonathan W.) 1524778598.0
Here's what White House officials want to know from Republicans running for office. https://t.co/WcWDIqnvL1 Trump… https://t.co/eorQC2S893— Free bird (@Free bird) 1524787782.0
@HuffPost There is only one question. Do you stand with the United States of America or Trump and Russia— Wayne (@Wayne) 1524770377.0
@HuffPost I'll take: "Do I have your loyalty? Would you vote to impeach me?" for $1000— Rick Maturo (@Rick Maturo) 1524767857.0