Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Fox Host Gets Hilarious Reminder After Asking Why Right-Wing Billionaires Won't Give Trump Money

Mark Levin; Donald Trump
Nicholas Kamm/AFP via Getty Images; Sean Rayford/Getty Images

After Mark Levin asked why 'Republican multi-billionaires' won't loan Donald Trump the money he needs to secure the bond in his civil fraud case, people were happy to enlighten him.

Fox News pundit Mark Levin was widely mocked online after questioning why no Republican "multi-billionaires" had come forward to financially support former President Donald Trump in his legal battle.

Trump recently admitted the practical impossibility of raising the $464 million required to appeal his civil fraud conviction, which stemmed from years of falsifying Trump Organization business records. The conviction, handed down last month by a New York State Court, mandated Trump to pay $355 million, representing the amount gained from the fraud plus interest.


According to The Hill:

With interest piling on an additional $112,000 each day Trump doesn’t pay, the former president now owes the state $456.8 million.

Trump’s lawyers are seeking to obtain a bond so that the enforcement of the eye-popping judgment would be automatically paused while they appeal Engoron’s ruling. But to obtain the bond, Trump must post collateral covering 120 percent of the judgment — more than $557 million, the lawyers said in a court filing.

In response to Trump's financial predicament, Levin took to social media to express his dismay, questioning why wealthy Republicans had not stepped up to assist the former President.

He said:

"Why are there no Republican multi-billionaires offering to lend President Trump the funds to file his appeal in the outrageous case in NY state?"
"Are none of them liquid enough to help or join with others to help? This is an outrage."

You can see Levin's post below.

However, X users were quick to provide Levin with a reality check, citing various reasons why GOP billionaires might be hesitant to offer financial assistance to a man who has proven to be a major financial liability.


As the deadline approaches for Trump to appeal the judgment handed down by Judge Arthur Engoron last month, Trump’s legal team disclosed that he has been unable to procure the necessary funds to secure the bond. They pointed out that he actually needed to secure closer to $557 million, as most bond agents mandate 120% as collateral.

As per the filing submitted on Monday, Trump's legal representatives made attempts to persuade 30 underwriters to back the staggering bond, yet none of them were willing to accept his properties as collateral.

If Trump fails to obtain a ruling from the appeals court to halt Engoron’s ruling from February 16 or to reduce the security deposit, he will need to submit the total amount to the court by March 25 to automatically prevent the Attorney General from initiating the collection process.

This process could involve requesting the sheriff to seize his properties, including possibly Trump Tower, among others.

More from People/donald-trump

Florida A&M Does About-Face After Banning Student From Using 'Black' In Flyer For Black History Month Event

A Black History Month event at Florida A&M University ignited controversy after a student organizer said she was instructed to remove the word “Black” from promotional materials, a move the university has since described as a “staff-level error.”

For many, the directive struck a nerve at Florida’s only public Historically Black College and University (HBCU).

Keep ReadingShow less
James Talarico; Stephen Colbert
CBS

Stephen Colbert Rips CBS For Banning Interview With Texas Democrat Due To FCC Threat

Late-night host Stephen Colbert criticized CBS for attempting to ban him from interviewing Texas Senate candidate James Talarico, and from even mentioning the interview on air, due to threats from Brendan Carr, the chair of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

Talarico, who represents Texas in the state House, has previously made headlines for calling out Texas Republicans for "trying to force public schools" to display the Ten Commandments and has generated significant buzz as a forceful voice for Democrats in a state largely in the hands of the GOP.

Keep ReadingShow less
American Girl Dolls; Tweet by @deestiv
Marvin Joseph/The Washington Post/Getty Images; @deestiv/X

American Girl Dolls Just Got An 'Ozempic' Makeover For The 'Modern Era'—And People Are Not Impressed

There's nothing quite like the grip American Girl dolls had on Millennials during the mid-1990s and early 2000s.

Created in 1986 by the Pleasant Company, American Girl dolls were meant to model positive core values with dolls that resembled young women from various time periods across American history and different favorite hobbies, like horseback riding and cheerleading.

Keep ReadingShow less
A line of rotisserie chickens with a reaction from X overlayed on top.
UCG / Contributor/Getty Images

'Wall Street Journal' Ripped After Saying Millennials And Gen Zers Are 'Splurging' On 'Rotisserie Chickens' Instead Of Buying Homes

It's sadly all too common for older generations to look down on millennials and criticize their constant complaining about how "hard" life is and how they can't afford to be homeowners.

That criticism almost always ignores factors like the rising cost of housing, increasingly low salaries, and a continuous housing shortage.

Keep ReadingShow less
Cardi B
Aaron J. Thornton/WireImage/Getty Images

Cardi B Claps Back Hard At Homeland Security After They Mock Her For Threatening To 'Jump' ICE At Her Concert

People unfamiliar with rap music may not know much about the art form or its stars.

The majority of the world might only know Cardi B as one of the women—with Megan Thee Stallion—behind the song "WAP" that was certified Platinum nine times in just the United States before hitting Diamond eligible status in late 2025 with 10 million units sold.

Keep ReadingShow less