Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Pro-Trump CPAC Speaker Welcomes 'The End Of Democracy'—And No One Thinks He's Joking

Jack Posobiec; screenshot of Posobiec from CPAC
Jason Davis/Getty Images; Real America's Voice

Conservative activist and influencer Jack Posobiec spoke at CPAC this week, and jokingly said 'welcome to the end of democracy.'

Alt-right conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec was swiftly condemned after he vowed at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) that the alt-right would continue efforts to "overthrow" democracy and replace it with their own vision.

During the opening day of CPAC in Washington, D.C., Posobiec declared that while the insurrection of January 6, 2021—the day a mob of former President Donald Trump's supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol on the false premise the 2020 election had been stolen—did not achieve their intended goal, the movement would persist in dismantling the democratic system.


He said:

"Welcome to the end of democracy! We’re here to overthrow it completely. We didn’t get all the way there on January 6, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this [raising his fist] right here."
"That’s right, because all glory is not to government, all glory to God.”

Posobiec received enthusiastic support from Trump's former chief adviser Steve Bannon, who exclaimed, "All right! Amen!" in the background as Posobiec outlined his plans.

You can hear Posobiec's remarks in the video below.

The Republican Accountability Project decried Posobiec's declaration and stressed the grave nature of this anti-democratic threat:

"Trump’s Republican Party openly wants to end democracy. We must stop them."

You can see their post below.

Many sounded the alarm and harshly rebuked Posobiec's remarks.




In a subsequent interview with Real America's Voice, Posobiec elaborated on his intentions, stating:

“We are here in the swamp, to drain the swamp, and eventually to raze the swamp to the ground and create the new American republic on its ashes.
[Liberals are] terrified. They’re terrified. They’re terrified with this."
“The people in that town that you know and I know so well, they want this to not exist. They want all of you to not exist."
"They want your borders to not exist, and they want to get rid of you. And that’s why I say, we do need to be here, we do need to plant a flag.”

You can hear his remarks in the video below.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a nonprofit legal advocacy organization specializing in civil rights and public interest litigation, known for tracking hate groups, conducted an investigation that found that "Posobiec — a Trump favorite — has collaborated with white supremacists, neo-fascists and antisemites for years, while producing propaganda that Trump and his inner circle have publicly celebrated."

The organization said in Posobiec's "extremist file" that the disinformation he promotes "typically focuses on making his political opponents seem dangerous or criminal, while ignoring or downplaying the corruption of authoritarians."

Posobiec, a former One America News (OANN) personality, was also a leading figure in the "Stop the Steal" campaign that promoted the "Big Lie" that the 2020 election was stolen and urged Trump's supporters to attack Congress.

More from News

Screenshot of Sean Duffy
Fox News

Sean Duffy Ripped After Encouraging Americans To Take 'Road Trips' As Gas Prices Continue To Soar

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy was called out after he encouraged Americans to take "road trips" as gas prices continue to rise as a result of President Donald Trump's war in Iran.

Republicans have faced pressure from constituents nationwide to address the rising cost of living, but Americans are feeling pain at the pump now that the Iran war, which the Trump administration kicked off in late February, has prompted a spike in gas prices.

Keep ReadingShow less
Crossing guard Jamele Ransom went viral after eating ice cream during a live TV interview.
@nbcphiladelphia/TikTok

Philadelphia Crossing Guard Goes To Town On Ice Cream Cone While Describing Truck Crash On TV—And Becomes An Instant Icon

I scream, you scream, and apparently, Philadelphia crossing guards scream for ice cream during breaking news interviews. Crossing guard Jamele Ransom became an instant internet favorite after casually eating a cone while recounting a chaotic playground crash near S. Weir Mitchell Elementary School on live TV.

The now-viral moment came after police said Robert Littlepage, 18, of Douglasville, Georgia, allegedly attempted a carjacking last Tuesday before stealing a white utility truck and crashing near the school.

Keep ReadingShow less
Patrick Schwarzenegger Has Hilariously Iconic Reaction To Meme About Matthew McConaughey Struggling To Spell His Own Name As A Kid
Chad Salvador/WWD/Getty Images; Rodin Eckenroth/SiriusXM/Getty Images

Patrick Schwarzenegger Has Hilariously Iconic Reaction To Meme About Matthew McConaughey Struggling To Spell His Own Name As A Kid

There are a few things that have happened in every kindergarten classroom across the world, in all of educational history. Someone will want to go home, someone will make a new friend, and someone will spark the age-old question: who has the longest or coolest name?

In most cases, this will consist of a bunch of little kids having a heated debate, using their fingers to count the number of letters in their name to see who, in fact, will win this very important contest.

Keep ReadingShow less
Steve Roth
Misha Friedman/Getty Images

Billionaire Real Estate Mogul Slammed After Claiming That Calls To 'Tax The Rich' Are Akin To Using Racial Slurs

Stop being racist against billionaires, you guys!

Billionaire real estate mogul Steve Roth has a message for New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani and all the rest of us who think billionaires should have to pay taxes like the rest of us.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
C-SPAN2

Trump Was Just Asked About The Status Of The Hantavirus—And His Response Is Giving People Serious Déjà Vu

President Donald Trump gave people serious déjà vu with his vague non-answer when asked by a reporter if Americans should be should be "concerned" about the spread of hantavirus after an uncontained outbreak on a cruise ship.

Three people aboard the ship have died from suspected infection with hantavirus and five of the eight suspected cases have now been confirmed through laboratory testing, according to the World Health Organization.

Keep ReadingShow less