Whether it's Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, or Eddard Stark, it's clear author George R.R. Martin uses a cunning formula to come up with names for his Game Of Thrones characters.
In case you haven't worked it out though, have no fear, because it looks like comedian Matt Lucas has cracked it.
That's right, you just make it up; quite brilliant!
Lucas's nonsense words have inspired others to get involved too.
1. Jermaine becomes Jaysell:
2. Arise Sir Spag:
3. Forsooth, tis Crunchly:
4. Alas we already know this one well:
5. It's a Finker to be sure:
6. Thou shalt not be used in Tesco:
7. Bolimey that's a good'n"
8. Hail Tword:
9. Ye olde Pustcode:
10. Egads that's a politician:
11. Isn't this already a character?
12. This is a winner!
13. Inspired by the inspiration:
14. All hail!
15. Here comes the King of Eh:
Promvelian Humberdinker, signing off.
A version of this article originally appeared on Press Association.