Most Read


Man Arrested After Fatally Shooting Subway Worker For Putting Too Much Mayo On His Sandwich

Man Arrested After Fatally Shooting Subway Worker For Putting Too Much Mayo On His Sandwich

A male customer who was unsatisfied with his Subway sandwich chose to resolve his issue by opening fire–killing one employee and seriously injuring another–inside the restaurant located next to a gas station in downtown Atlanta.

The 36-year-old suspect, whose name was withheld due to the ongoing investigation, allegedly opened fire on Sunday night because he complained about having too much mayonnaise on his order.

He was arrested after police received an anonymous tip.

You can watch a news report of the incident, here.

Subway shooting victim killed over 'too much mayo' started working there three weeks ago, family

The victim who was killed was identified as 26-year-old Brittany Macon, a former UPS employee who had just started working at the Subway location three weeks ago.

The second employee, Macon's roommate whom police say remains in critical condition, was identified as 24-year-old, Jada Nicole.

Nicole's five-year-old son was inside the restaurant at the time of the shooting. He was unharmed but police are concerned he will live with the trauma after witnessing the violence.

On Monday, Atlanta police Deputy Chief Charles Hampton Jr. told reporters:

“This was a very tragic situation that did not have to occur."

Hampton Jr. added:

“It’s frustrating that we have a 26-year-old female who is no longer with us."
"It frustrates me that we had an individual with a firearm who decided that was the answer to resolve a conflict over a sandwich.”

The co-owner of the Subway location, Willie Glenn, told WSB-TV:

“It just breaks my heart to know that someone has the audacity to point a weapon and shoot someone for as little as too much mayonnaise on a sandwich."

Macon's family was too devastated to speak on camera but said in a phone interview that Macon was "smart and sweet."

The last time family members saw Macon was about a month ago when she had planned and paid for a family reunion to take place on July 4 in Savannah.

Now, family members are flying in from Arizona and Savannah after the tragedy.