Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Missouri Family Blasts School For Not Calling 911 After 9-Year-Old Boy Lost Finger Due To Fall

Missouri Family Blasts School For Not Calling 911 After 9-Year-Old Boy Lost Finger Due To Fall
FOX 2 St. Louis/YouTube
Make us preferred on Google

The family of a third grade student in Missouri is outraged and demanding answers after their child’s finger was severed at school.

Atlanta Black Star reported doctors amputated nine-year-old DJ Williams’ finger after the injury was left unaddressed for too long.


You can see local news coverage here:

youtu.be

Williams described how he slipped on his backpack and was trying to break his fall when the accident happened.

“I used these three fingers to kind of pull myself. My middle finger was on the edge of it, and then it cut it.”

Williams’ mother Talisa Pierce was told by school officials her son tripped into a metal cabinet and sustained a “gash” on his right hand's middle finger, but the injury was more severe than described.

The family’s lawyer, Tim Engelmeyer, shared details about the injury, describing it as more than just a “gash.”

“[DJ’s] finger is literally hanging on the file cabinet."

"So this is not something where it was just a scratch or a little bit of skin that was taken off, there’s a significant part of his finger that everyone knew had been removed from his hand.”

The boy’s grandfather, Larry Pierce, was called to pick him up.

He was shocked to see the bone sticking out of Williams’ finger:

The [school] nurse says, ‘OK, he cut his hand.’ Didn’t say how bad it was but said take him to urgent care."
"They unwrap it and immediately said, ‘Oh no. We can’t treat this. His finger is gone.”

Medical professionals at the Missouri Baptist Hospital emergency room were unable to re-attach the child’s finger.

Williams was then transferred to the St. Louis Children’s Hospital so that surgeons could perform the amputation.

The family is now claiming the amputation was the result of the schools “negligence.”

"Any chances there were to re-attach the part of the finger that was lost, those chances kind of went out the window when emergency, 911 wasn’t called.:

Pierce also claims that the school nurse sent her a picture of a portion of the finger that was still attached to the metal furniture, and that she went to the school and picked up the piece in hopes that a specialist can help her son.

Pierce is, of course, heartbroken for her son, who wishes to play professional basketball one day.

But the third grader is keeping optimistic about his future in sports.

“I just got to think about basketball."
“If I think about it enough, then I won’t give up.”

Per Fox 2 St. Louis, the only comment the school will make is a statement released on April 19, a day after the accident.

"Webster Groves School District is aware of reports of an accident, a fall, that occurred at Bristol Elementary School on Monday, April 18, 2022, that may have resulted in injury to a student requiring medical attention."
"The District is always concerned for and committed to the health and safety of its students and is currently investigating the accident in question."

According to the family, a pediatric orthopedic surgeon is waiting to determine if Williams needs his entire hand removed.

More from Trending

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less