Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Indiana Olive Garden Manager Fired After Complying With Couple's Request That Their Server Not Be 'Colored'

Indiana Olive Garden Manager Fired After Complying With Couple's Request That Their Server Not Be 'Colored'
Jill_InspiredByDesign / Getty Images

At an Olive Garden in Evansville, Indiana a restaurant manager was fired from their position after they supported a customer's unreasonable wishes.

After the customer asked for a "not colored" server and the manager accommodated their racist request, the restaurant chain determined the manager was not in compliance with the company's mission of diversity.


On March 1 when the customer appeared at the Olive Garden location in Evansville, the visit started off on a sour note when they were blocking the busy entrance.

The restaurant host, Amira Donahue, recounted:

"That lady said awful things about me, [like] 'is she even from here? Is she like Jamaican or something' (like I don't speak English) [and] 'if she doesn't wanna be family friendly she should work at a strip club'."
"All I said to this woman was 'sorry I don't know', 'have a nice day' and 'excuse me' when she was standing in the way of a extremely busy restaurant... She then proceeded to scream at me in the middle in the lobby."

And the woman's antics didn't stop there.

When she was seated at her table, she also demanded to be served by a "White server." A customer at the restaurant that night, Maxwell Robbins, witnessed the full exchange.

Robbins later wrote in a Facebook post:

"I'm never going back to the Olive Garden in Evansville. A few White people come in and say that they refuse service from a 'colored' server and asks to speak with the manager. The manager without hesitation ensures that they will not receive service from a person of color."

Robbins and Donahue were in agreement, regarding where the manager's priorities should have been in the situation.

Robbins said:

"That couple should've been refused service for even asking something like that!! It's disgusting that olive gardens manager would allow that especially with a very diverse staff."

Donahue agreed in her own post, confiding:

"She should've been kicked out ASAP. But I guess the racist customer is more valuable than your Black employees that were left in tears."

You can read Robbins' full post here:

The restaurant chain later shared an update on the situation and confided the former manager's behavior was not in-line with their mission.

The chain wrote:

"[We have] "zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind, and the manager involved no longer works for our company."

Robbins updated his Facebook post, happy to report the manager's updated non-status at Olive Garden.

Donahue unfortunately did not share further comment and previously said the server she had been working with that night was not emotionally ready to comment on the ordeal.

Many commented their concern and support for the employees affected by the racist display described in Robbins' Facebook post.

Maxwell Robbins / Facebook


Maxwell Robbins / Facebook


Maxwell Robbins / Facebook


Maxwell Robbins / Facebook


Maxwell Robbins / Facebook


Maxwell Robbins / Facebook


Maxwell Robbins / Facebook

It's good to see that Olive Garden was quick to correct the situation and clarify their support for employee diversity in their restaurant.

Even if it means the customer isn't always right.

More from Trending

Screenshot of AI-generated Trump Mobile logo from video
@TrumpMobile/X

New Trump Mobile Promo Video Called Out For Being AI Slop In Hilariously Blunt Fact-Check

Following backlash from MAGA fans who complained they'd not received their Trump Mobile phones or their $100 deposits back, the company announced that it is indeed shipping out the phones soon by releasing a new AI video of what they look like, only to be criticized for revamping a phone that is already on the market.

The Trump Mobile T1 phone was unveiled in June 2025 on the 10th anniversary of Trump’s original presidential campaign launch, marking the Trump brand’s debut in the mobile device and wireless service market. At the time, the company said the phone would be available in August 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of JD Vance; Donald Trump
@Acyn/X; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

JD Vance Just Said The Quiet Part Out Loud About What Trump Really 'Takes Seriously' As President—And Yep, That Tracks

In his announcement this week that the Trump administration will be withholding $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments from California due to alleged fraud, Vice President JD Vance had people raising their eyebrows after claiming that President Donald Trump "takes fraud seriously."

As part of his role overseeing anti-fraud efforts, Vance said the administration is targeting California because state officials are not taking Medicaid fraud seriously enough. Vance claimed both California and American taxpayers were being “defrauded” and alleged that some patients had been given unnecessary medications after fraudsters encouraged “false prescriptions” and improper treatment.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @itsgoobz's TikTok video
@itsgoobz/TikTok

Woman Goes Viral After Revealing How She Caught Her Husband Cheating Thanks To His iCloud Account

Cheating is an absolute dealbreaker in most relationships—but when you add three children to the mix, it escalates to a level of betrayal that there's really no coming back from.

It's even worse when the cheater does little to apologize for or even acknowledge what they have done.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @maggieeatsss's TikTok video
@maggieeatsss/TikTok

Mom Goes Viral After Confronting Her Son About His Bullying Behavior At School—And Parents Are Applauding

Parents might not want to think about it or talk about it, but at some point, their children are going to make some mistakes, and the true test of their parenting is how they respond in those moments.

So when TikToker @maggieeatsss found out that her son had been bullying a kid at school, she knew there was no time to waste.

Keep ReadingShow less
North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter
FOX8 WGHP/YouTube; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

North Carolina Mom Slams MAGA Congresswoman For Attacking Her 10-Year-Old Son And His Teacher In 'Horrific' Letter

Greensboro, North Carolina, mother Emily Mango is upset with MAGA Republican Representative Virginia Foxx over a letter the North Carolina legislator sent to her 10-year-old son in response to a school assignment.

Mango shared that her son Christian, who is in the 4th grade, was tasked with a writing exercise. Students were to compose a persuasive essay on a topic of their choosing and send it to a changemaker.

Keep ReadingShow less