Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Virginia Carnival Worker Charged With Murdering Three Young Women In 18-Day Killing Spree—He Claims It Was An Accident

Make us preferred on Google

A former carnival worker, James Michael Wright, 23, was recently arrested and charged with the homicides of three people, two women and a teenager.

Authorities claim that Wright's serial killing spree lasted 18 days, though Wright says the shootings were all "accidents."


After being arrested, Wright confessed to shooting all three of his victims, but told authorities the entire ordeal was an accident. Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman said that was "hard to believe" at a press conference.





Wright was connected to his victims through his work at the James H. Drew Exposition traveling amusement park.

The company has denied ever employing Wright, saying he came into contact with their workers through his employment at the horse company Pony Express, who would occasionally partner with the amusement park.

Pony Express also distanced themselves from Wright, saying:

"The owner of 'Pony Express' has stated to us that he parted ways with Mr. Wright last year. We have been told that at the time of the murders, Mr. Wright was working on a trash truck."

The three victims have been identified as "Athina Hopson, 25, of Johnson City, Tennessee; Elizabeth Marie Vanmeter, 22, of Carter County, Tennessee; and Joslyn Alsup, 17, of Cobb County, Georgia."

Hopson and Vanmeter both knew Wright through work at the carnival, while Alsup, the teenage victim, knew Wright through her father (another carnival worker).

Authorities say they are following up with the amusement company to ensure there aren't any other victims:

"We're working with the carnival to make a determination of the location that they set up the carnivals and attempt to see if there are missing people who may have been reported from those jurisdictions."

Wright has no active criminal record, and wasn't even a police concern until Hopson, the last of his victim's, went missing and Wright was reported as the last person to see her alive.

Just days prior, Wright had been in an car crash involving a bus and police were able to search his car, where they found Hopson's cell phone.


Newman pointed out:

"The accident that he had, again this is mere speculation but the accident that he had a mere two days after the last killing certainly put an end to that series of incidents at that point."

After being taken into custody and questioned by authorities, Wright confessed to all three shootings and the disposing of his victim's bodies.


Authorities are asking anyone with information on the suspect or victims to contact the Washington County Virginia Sheriff's Office at 276-676-6000.

More from News

Screenshots of Tim Pool and Mason
Surrounded/Jubilee

Right-Wing Podcaster Storms Off Debate Show Set After Being Epically Called Out For Grifting Off Of 'Civil War' Claims

Right-wing podcaster Tim Pool was widely mocked after storming off the set of the debate series Surrounded when he was grilled over his constant claims that the United States is tracking towards a "civil war."

Pool recently appeared in Jubilee’s series, where progressive commentator Mason challenged his repeated warnings that the U.S. could be heading toward a “civil war.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Scrreenshot of Jon Ossoff; Donald Trump and Natalie Harp
@Acyn/X; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Jon Ossoff Rips Trump During Speech With Brutal Dig About His Problematic Relationship With Fawning Young Aide

Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff took aim at President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his young aide Natalie Harp during a campaign speech on Sunday.

Last month, Trump reportedly took extraordinary security precautions during a trip to Turkey, secretly switching from Air Force One to a military aircraft after an alleged threat. Although he was publicly seen boarding the presidential jet, he was later transported to the military plane concealed inside a catering truck.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Donald Trump and John Teichert
Fox News

Trump Just Threatened To 'Bomb The Sh*t Out Of' Oman—And Even Fox News Is Flabbergasted

Even Fox News is stunned after President Donald Trump threatened to "bomb the sh*t out of" Oman if the country "gets in the way" of talks between the U.S. and Iran.

Trump’s remarks came amid stalled U.S.-Iran negotiations and separate talks between Iran and Oman over how commercial shipping could resume through the Strait of Hormuz. Fox News correspondent Trey Yingst reported that Trump warned the U.S. would attack Oman if it interfered with American efforts, though Fox did not release audio of the interview.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump speaking at rally
@Acyn/X

MAGA Rally Crowd Applauds After Trump Says He'll 'Never Apologize' For Higher Gas Prices In Surreal Viral Video

President Donald Trump was met with applause from supporters in a surreal moment at a MAGA rally on Long Island, New York, after he told attendees he'd "never apologize" for higher gas costs due to his war with Iran.

A recent Gallup poll found that 55 percent of respondents felt their finances were worsening, a level of pessimism exceeding that seen during both the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. This comes as the highly unpopular war in Iran continues to rage, sending gas prices surging. Americans have spent an additional $59 billion on fuel since Trump launched the war.

Keep ReadingShow less