Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Ice Cream Shop Reopens Only To Close One Day Later After Customers Hurl Harassment At Teen Workers Over Wait Times

As the nation rushes to reopen—while health officials continue to warn that the threat of the virus is far from over—many small businesses are experiencing some pretty extreme road-bumps in their operations.

In Mashpee, Massachusetts Mark Lawrence has owned and operated the Polar Cave Ice Cream Parlour for 19 years.


On Friday, May 8, the shop finally re-opened after being temporarily shut down due to the pandemic.

The shop was immediately inundated with guests, resulting in long wait times.

The guests then became aggressive and several of them took their frustrations out on employees causing one teen to quit.

Lawrence told FOX25 Boston:

"One of my best workers quit yesterday at the end of her shift. But the words she was called and the language, you wouldn't even say in a men's locker room. And to say it to a 17-year-old kid, they should be ashamed of themselves."

He also said:

"People have forgotten how to treat other human beings in the six or seven weeks that they've been confined to their homes. They have no clue how to respect other human beings."

As the parlour re-opened, Lawrence posted on social media that orders would have to be made an hour in advance.

Once the shop re-opened, however, many patrons either didn't see or chose not to follow the rules, resulting in chaos.

Following the disastrous re-opening day, Lawrence announced he would be re-closing the shop until a better system could be devised.




After the story of the incident went viral, countless people reached out to Lawrence offering support.

A GoFundMe was even started to help pay the college tuition of the employee who was mistreated.

The shop re-opened in a limited fashion over the weekend, trying some new techniques and placing an even higher emphasis on call-ahead orders.

According to Lawrence, the situation has "vastly improved."

"We will continue to tweak our efforts and eventually try again to open full speed ahead. Thank you for the incredible outpouring of love and support from so many. It truly means so much to me at this time."



As businesses start to return following a prolonged period of social distancing, let's all try to remember that manners matter even as we rush to restart our lives.

More from Trending

Andy Ogles; Bad Bunny
Heather Diehl/Getty Images; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Dragged After Claiming Bad Bunny's Halftime Show Depicted 'Gay Pornography'

Tennessee Republican Representative Andy Ogles was widely mocked after he claimed Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime show was "pure smut" that depicted "gay pornography"—even going so far as to write a letter to the Energy and Commerce Committee demanding "a formal congressional inquiry" into the "indecent broadcast."

The rapper, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, delivered a largely Spanish-language show that has been hailed as a "love letter to Puerto Rico" and that drew from his latest album, Debí Tirar Más Fotos, which won the Grammy for Album of the Year just a week ago.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chris Brown (left) and Bad Bunny (right) are pictured separately amid online backlash and praise following Bad Bunny’s record-breaking Super Bowl halftime performance.
Marc Piasecki/WireImage; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

Chris Brown Slammed After Appearing To Throw Bizarre Shade At Bad Bunny's Halftime Show

Bad Bunny’s record-breaking halftime show pulled in over 135 million viewers—fans, stans, casual watchers, and yes, professional haters who tune in just to be mad. Which brings me to the loudest one in the room: Chris Brown.

Brown took to social media to offer an unsolicited—and frankly bizarre—reaction to the Puerto Rico-inspired performance, posting a cryptic message that immediately rubbed people the wrong way.

Keep ReadingShow less
Todd Richards; Big Air Snowboarder Seungeun Yu
@btoddrichards/Instagram; Ulrik Pedersen/NurPhoto via Getty Images

NBC Broadcaster Speaks Out After He's Caught On Hot Mic Trashing Men's Snowboarding Competition At Olympics

Well, we've officially got our first hot mic oopsie of the 2026 Milano Cortina Olympics!

Broadcaster Todd Richards took to Instagram Sunday to apologize for comments he made during the men's big air snowboarding event that he didn't realize were being broadcast.

Keep ReadingShow less
Amber Glenn; Donald Trump
Andy Cheung/Getty Images; Samuel Corum/Getty Images

Olympic Figure Skater Reveals 'Scary Amount' Of Threats She Got After Her Criticism Of Trump

Amber Glenn, the first openly queer woman to represent the U.S. in figure skating, spoke out in an Instagram post about the torrent of threats she's received after criticizing President Donald Trump's treatment of the LGBTQ+ community.

Glenn had voiced criticism of the Trump administration earlier in the week during a pre-Olympics press conference, describing the period as especially difficult for herself and others in the LGBTQ+ community. Her comments were among several political statements made by U.S. athletes in the run-up to the Winter Games in Milan, Italy.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rick Scott
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

MAGA Senator Slammed After Saying U.S. Olympians Critical Of Trump Should Be 'Stripped Of Their Olympic Uniform'

Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott was slammed after sharing a video criticizing U.S. Olympians who are conflicted about representing the United States amid President Donald Trump's controversial policies.

Scott spoke out after multiple Olympians made headlines for criticizing the Trump administration amid its nationwide immigration crackdown.

Keep ReadingShow less