Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Prosecutors Can't Find Kenosha Shooter Kyle Rittenhouse After He Gave The Court A False Address

Prosecutors Can't Find Kenosha Shooter Kyle Rittenhouse After He Gave The Court A False Address
Scott Olson/Getty Images

Wisconsin prosecutors said they were unable to locate Kyle Rittenhouse—the Illinois 18-year-old who is currently out on bond after he was arrested for fatally shooting two people and gravely injuring a third at a Black Lives Matter protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Now they are seeking to arrest him again and increase his bond by $200,000 for the violation.


WISN 12 News reported prosecutors could not serve notice to Rittenhouse because they were given a false address.

Kenosha police detectives went to the listed address but were greeted by a different resident who had been living there since December 14. Earlier court notices sent to the address in mid-December have also been returned and the person living there was of no relation to Rittenhouse.

A prosecutor filing stated:

"The address listed on the defendant's November 20, 2020 bond, 286 Anita Terrace, #10, Antioch, IL, is a false and the defendant no longer resides there."
"On December 22, 2020, the Clerk of Circuit Court mailed a notice to the defendant at that address, and the notice was returned unclaimed on January 28, 2021."
"The US Postal Service indicated on the notice that service was 'Attempted Not Known' and they were 'Unable to Forward.'"

Under the terms of Rittenhouse's release, he was required to notify the court of any address change within 48 hours of moving.

Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binge wrote in a Kenosha County Circuit Court filing:

"In a criminal case as serious as this one, it is critically important that the Court be able to monitor the defendant's whereabouts at all times."
"After all, it is extremely unusual for a defendant facing a charge of First Degree Intentional Homicide in Kenosha County to post cash bond and be released from custody pending trial. Rarely does our community see accused murderers roaming about freely."
However, Rittenhouse's former attorney said his former client moved to an undisclosed "safe house".

A member of Rittenhouse's defense team contacted prosecutors and said they would provide the teen's new whereabouts if it was filed under seal. But prosecutors rejected the agreement because there was no evidence provided of imminent threats.


The Illinois teen—who was then 17—was accused of killing first a mentally ill homeless man, Joseph Rosenbaum, then killing protester Anthony Huber when he tried to stop Rittenhouse from shooting more people and also seriously injuring Gaige Grosskreutz on August 25 at a BLM protest in Kenosha.

He claimed the shooting of all three unarmed men was in self-defense.

This was not the first time prosecutors encountered issues with Rittenhouse after he was released from Kenosha County Jail on a $2 million bond.

On January 5, he was spotted fraternizing at a bar with people reported to be members of the White supremacist group, Proud Boys, and posing for pictures while flashing the "W" sign—an identifying gesture co-opted by the extremist group.

In Wisconsin, the drinking age is 21 but it is legal for 18 - 20-year-olds to consume alcohol if they are accompanied by an adult. Rittenhouse was with his mother at the time.

People saw this as an example of White privilege.




Kenosha County prosecutors asked the court to modify the bond agreement with adjustments including that "The defendant shall not be present in any establishment where alcohol is served" and "The defendant shall be prohibited from making any public display of any 'white power' or 'white supremacy' signs, symbols, or hand gestures."

His trial is scheduled for March 29.

More from Trending

Jennifer Garner
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic/Getty Images; @jennifer.garner/Instagram

Jennifer Garner Just Pitched A New Sport For The Winter Olympics—And Fans Are Into It

The Summer and Winter Olympics are already pretty great, but Jennifer Garner believes the Winter Olympics could use one more sport to make it perfect.

While passing through Central Park, Jennifer Garner came across a group of women who were sledding down a shallow hill on none other than small, silver baking sheets.

Keep ReadingShow less
Elis Lundholm
IOC via Getty Images

NBC Apologizes After Commentators Repeatedly Misgendered Trans Winter Olympic Skier

The International Olympic Committee is still trying to figure out what their position on transgender inclusion looks like and how decisions are made regarding which events athletes compete in. In the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics, Filipino boxer Hergie Bacyadan, a transgender man, had to compete in the women’s event because of their stage in their transition.

In the Milano Cortina Winter Olympics this year, per International Ski Federation regulations, Swedish moguls skier Elis Lundholm also has to compete in the women’s moguls event because he hasn't begun a masculinizing hormone replacement therapy regimen yet.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots of Jessica Tarlov and Jesse Watters
Fox News

Fox News Host Gives Jesse Watters Blunt Reality Check After Stranger Called Him A 'Fascist'

Fox News personality Jesse Watters got a brutal reality check from his colleague Jessica Tarlov when he shared a story live on The Five about his bewilderment after a stranger shouted "F.U. fascist!" at him while he was walking his dog in his neighborhood.

Watters previously lived in a Manhattan rental and currently lives in a $2.8 million mansion in Bernardsville, New Jersey—where at least one neighbor is not a fan of his.

Keep ReadingShow less
Patrick Morrisey
@ameliaknisely/X

GOP West Virginia Governor's Press Conference Goes Viral For Hilariously Awkward Typo On Sign

MAGA Republican Governor Patrick Morrisey decided to hold a press conference at the Meadowbrook Mall in Bridgeport, West Virginia, to ask voters to support state income tax cuts.

But his message was derailed by a detail no one on the governor's team, including the man himself, noticed.

Keep ReadingShow less
Mark Alford; Bad Bunny
Patrick T. Fallon/AFP via Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Blasted After Saying Republicans Are Now 'Investigating' Bad Bunny's Halftime Show

In an interview with Real America's Voice, Missouri Republican Representative Mark Alford said House Republicans are now "investigating" rapper Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime show, claiming it "could be much worse than the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction" for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

The Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show, which was broadcast live on February 1, 2004, featured singers Justin Timberlake and Jackson. The show is infamous for the moment Timberlake exposed Jackson's breast for a moment.

Keep ReadingShow less