Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

CNN Video Eviscerates Fox News' Favorite January 6 Talking Point After Proud Boys Guilty Verdicts

CNN Video Eviscerates Fox News' Favorite January 6 Talking Point After Proud Boys Guilty Verdicts
CNN

After four members of The Proud Boys were convicted of seditious conspiracy, CNN clipped together damning video of Fox hosts claiming Jan 6 was not an insurrection because no one had been convicted.

The recent conviction of four members of the Trump-supporting white nationalist group the Proud Boys for seditious conspiracy has brought renewed attention to the downplaying and rewriting of history by some of the biggest names on Fox News regarding the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Fox News hosts have attempted to paint the attack as a peaceful gathering of law-abiding citizens. The recently ousted Tucker Carlson, for instance, claimed that the attackers were not insurrectionists but merely "sightseers," a statement that defies belief and common sense.


One of the common lines of defense used by Fox News hosts was that no one had been charged with sedition or insurrection in relation to the attack. This claim has since been proven to be completely false and CNN couldn't resist eviscerating that common refrain.

The network clipped together damning video of Fox hosts claiming the attack—which left at least five people dead and resulted in over 100 injuries to law enforcement as well as millions of dollars in damages—was not an insurrection because no one had been convicted.

It includes clips of Carlson saying the insurrectionists were "orderly and meek," Greg Gutfeld saying that no one had "been charged with sedition or insurrection," and Mark Levin declaring that "Nobody!" had been charged with such a crime, in an effort to render concerns about the attack moot.

You can see the video below.

People loved every minute of it and proceeded to mock Fox profusely.

In a win for the Department of Justice (DOJ), a federal jury convicted four members of the far-right Proud Boys militia group, including its former leader, Enrique Tarrio, of seditious conspiracy in an attempt to prevent Congress from certifying President Joe Biden's election victory.

The convictions of Tarrio, Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs, and Zachary Rehl were for seditious conspiracy, which is a Civil War-era law that carries up to 20 years in prison. Only Dominic Pezzola, the one defendant who did not play a leadership role in the Proud Boys' Jan 6 plot, was acquitted of the charge.

The 12-member jury also found all five defendants guilty of other felonies, including obstructing an official proceeding and conspiring to impede Congress from performing its duties. U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly declared a mistrial on a few outstanding counts after jurors said they could not reach a consensus.

Nevertheless, Attorney General Merrick Garland hailed the verdicts as a triumph of justice, stating that the convicted men played a central role in orchestrating "a heinous attack that sought to disrupt a cornerstone of our democracy - the peaceful transfer of power to a newly elected government."

More from Trending

Randy Fine
Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Hit With Instant Backlash After Tweeting Truly Vile Post About Muslims And Dogs

Florida Republican Representative Randy Fine is facing harsh criticism after publishing a bigoted tweet that draws a comparison between Muslim people and dogs.

Fine said he was reacting to an online post from Palestinian American activist Nerdeen Kiswani, who wrote that dogs belonged in society but not inside homes, calling them unclean. Kiswani later told NBC News the remark was satirical and part of a local New York debate about dog waste following a recent snowstorm.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hillary Clinton; Donald Trump
Alex Wong/Getty Images; Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images

Hillary Clinton Epically Calls Out 'Disgraceful' Trump For Working With Putin Against Ukraine: 'He Has Betrayed The West'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticized President Donald Trump and his administration during an exchange at the Munich Security Conference over the weekend, saying Trump has "betrayed the West" with his "disgraceful" handling of Ukraine.

In particular, Clinton called out Trump's often deferential attitude toward Russian President Vladimir Putin, who invaded Ukraine in a "special military operation" in 2022. Clinton said that not only are Putin and Trump "profiting" off Ukrainian "misery," Trump is also looking to Putin as a "model" of what a leader can be, effectively betraying Western values.

Keep ReadingShow less
Miss J. Alexander; Tyra Banks
Netflix; Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

Fans Upset After 'America's Next Top Model' Favorite J. Alexander Reveals Tyra Banks Didn't Visit Him After His Stroke In 2022

Tyra Banks wanted to share her side of the story and do some big reveals in the Netflix docuseries Reality Check: Inside America's Next Top Model, but if she was hoping the docuseries would improve her image to the public, she was sadly mistaken.

Past model contestants have already gone public about their time on the show, but now, people from behind the scenes, like one of the show's photographers and judges, Nigel Barker, the creative director, Jay Manuel, and judge and runway coach Miss J. Alexander, have all come forward with their experiences, and the history might be darker than we ever expected.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sarah Spain; JD Vance
@spain2323/Instagram; Kevin Lamarque/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

ESPN Commentator Claps Back After Her Comments About 'Demon' Vance Spark Hate From MAGA Trolls

Emmy-winning sports reporter Sarah Spain drew the ire of the MAGA minions after commenting on having to sit near MAGA Republican Vice President JD Vance at a Team USA women's hockey game. Spain is covering the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics in Italy.

In addition to her 15 year career at ESPN, Spain also hosts the award-winning daily iHeart women's sports Good Game with Sarah Spain podcast and serves as Content Director for the iHeart Women's Sports Network for iHeartMedia.

Keep ReadingShow less
Marc Kennedy during Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics Men's Curling Round Robin.
Foto Olimpik/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Canadian Olympic Curler Sparks Flurry Of Memes After He's Accused Of Cheating By 'Poking' Stone

Last week at the Winter Olympics, tensions ran high when Team Canada faced Sweden in the men’s curling event. A cheating controversy erupted after Sweden’s Oskar Eriksson accused Canadian curler Marc Kennedy of illegally touching the granite portion of a curling stone rather than the handle, which the rules prohibit.

Sweden further alleged a “double touch,” which occurs when a player makes contact with the stone after it passes the hog line.

Keep ReadingShow less