Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Rod Rosenstein Hands Over Disputed Memo to Devin Nunes Following Impeachment Threat

Rod Rosenstein Hands Over Disputed Memo to Devin Nunes Following Impeachment Threat
Win McNamee/Getty Images

The bluff worked.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein handed over documents related to the launch of the FBI's investigation into Russian election meddling after Congressman Devin Nunes (R-CA) threatened to hold him in contempt of Congress and begin impeachment proceedings against him.


On Wednesday, Nunes released a memo stating that the requested documents had been turned over to his office.

"After numerous unfulfilled requests for an Electronic Communication (EC) related to the opening of the FBI's Russia counterintelligence probe, Chairman Trey Gowdy and I met this afternoon with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. During the meeting, we were finally given access to a version of the EC that contained the information necessary to advance the Committee's ongoing investigation of the Department of Justice and FBI. Although the subpoenas issued by this Committee in August 2017 remain in effect, I'd like to thank Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein for his cooperation today."

Congressman Devin Nunes (R-CA) told Fox News's Laura Ingraham on Tuesday that Congress has grounds to begin impeachment proceedings against Wray and Rosenstein.

Nunes, who co-chairs the House Intelligence Committee, claimed that Wray, along with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, withheld key documents related to the FBI's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

The investigation also probed whether Russia's actions were tied to President Donald Trump's campaign. Nunes said that Wray and Rosenstein had until Wednesday night to turn over the requested documents, after which things would become "really complicated.

Specifically, Nunes referred to documents that were requested to be submitted as un-redacted. He alleges that Wray and Rosenstein intentionally turned over fully redacted and partially redacted "trickle-down" documents.

The redacted EC (electronic document) contains information that helped spark the FBI probe, and are a key piece of evidence in Nunes' investigation of the Department of Justice and the FBI.

"If the record wasn't that every time they hide something from us, that then we find out it was really bad it was bad it was hidden from us for a long time... like the texts, the FISAs, the warrants against Carter Page... just the fact that they're not giving this to us tells me there's something wrong here."

Ingraham then asked Nunes if he was planning on holding Wray and Rosenstein in contempt of Congress.

"We are going to get the documents. We are going to get the two pages. So they can either cough them up now or it will get really complicated starting tomorrow night and we'll have to get all the steps necessary to get the documents, Nunes said. "We're not just going to hold in contempt, we will have a plan to hold in contempt and to impeach."


More from Trending

Christina Applegate
Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Christina Applegate Shares Message To Reassure Fans After She Reportedly Spent Weeks In LA Hospital

Christina Applegate is not just an actress; she's a fighter, even through her latest bout of illness.

According to TMZ on April 17, 2026, the Dead to Me actor had been hospitalized since late March, though the reason and whether it had anything to do with her multiple sclerosis diagnosis was unclear.

Keep ReadingShow less
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

Viral Clip Of RFK Jr.'s Disturbingly Labored Breathing During Senate Hearing Has The Internet Horrified

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. had viewers recoiling due to his noticeably labored breathing while testifying before the Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday morning.

Kennedy appeared before federal lawmakers in a series of hearings, where he pushed back on criticism over measles outbreaks and declining vaccination rates while promoting initiatives he said would make health care more affordable.

Keep ReadingShow less
Gavin Newsom; RFK Jr.; Donald Trump
Tayfun Coskun/Anadolu via Getty Images; Heather Diehl/Getty Images; Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Gavin Newsom Epically Rips RFK Jr. For Claiming Trump Has A 'Different Way' Of Doing Math In Bonkers Clip

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was called out by California Governor Gavin Newsom after Kennedy attempted to defend President Donald Trump's claims that drug prices have been cut by "600%."

Kennedy appeared before federal lawmakers in a series of hearings, where he pushed back on criticism over measles outbreaks and declining vaccination rates while promoting initiatives he said would make health care more affordable.

Keep ReadingShow less
Nikki Glaser (left) discusses Leonardo DiCaprio (right) sending her pasta after her Golden Globes roast.
The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon/YouTube; Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic

Nikki Glaser Reveals The Hilarious Gift Leonardo DiCaprio Sent Her After She Roasted Him At The Golden Globes

During an appearance on The Tonight Show, comedian Nikki Glaser offered a long-awaited update on the aftermath of her Golden Globes roast—specifically, how Leonardo DiCaprio responded.

For those who don’t remember, Glaser pulled out a surprisingly deep cut, joking that the only real insight into DiCaprio’s personal life comes from a 1991 Teen Beat article.

Keep ReadingShow less
Houston police officer giving racist rant
KHOU 11/YouTube

Houston Cop Relieved Of Duty After Video Of Her Truly Vile Rant About Black People Surfaces

A Houston police officer has been forced to turn in her weapon and badge after posting a racist rant on Instagram.

Officer Ashely Gonzalez posted a profanity and slur-filled video in which she used the N-word several times to complain about Black people in the community she serves.

Keep ReadingShow less