Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

People Are Dragging Rudy Giuliani Hard For Revising His Initial Statement on Paul Manafort's Plea Deal

People Are Dragging Rudy Giuliani Hard For Revising His Initial Statement on Paul Manafort's Plea Deal

Okayyy.

Make us preferred on Google

As the news broke Friday that Paul Manafort, former chairman of Donald Trump's presidential campaign, had entered into a cooperation agreement with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, Trump's TV lawyer Rudy Giuliani insisted that it had nothing to do with Trump.


"Once again, an investigation has concluded with a plea having nothing to do with President Trump or the Trump campaign," Giuliani said in a statement. "The reason: the President did nothing wrong and Paul Manafort will tell the truth."

Not long after his initial statement, however, the former New York City mayor had changed his tune.

"The president did nothing wrong," Giuliani reiterated, omitting his previous assertion that Manafort would tell the truth.

Giuliani said earlier this week that Trump and Manafort had a joint defense agreement in place, but that a potential cooperation agreement between Manafort and Mueller wasn't of concern because Trump, allegedly, did nothing wrong.

Twitter's reaction to Giuliani: 'really, like, really?'

Perhaps Giuliani, like a biblical prophecy peddler, needs to make up a new date for when Mueller will wrap up his investigation.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement that Manafort's arrangement with Mueller "had absolutely nothing to do with the president or his victorious 2016 presidential campaign. It is totally unrelated."

NBC News reported on Friday that Manafort "agreed to forfeit multiple properties and bank accounts and to cooperate with investigators, including participating in interviews, providing documents and testifying."

Manafort pleaded guilty to conspiracy against the United States and conspiracy to obstruct justice, which "carry a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail and six years of supervised release, as well as up to $500,000 in fines," NBC said. "Manafort agreed to delay his sentencing until his cooperation is fulfilled."

Manafort will have to admit to the charges listed in the indictments, "which describes a criminal scheme to launder money, defraud banks, evade taxes and violate lobbying laws," NBC said.

Last month, Manafort was convicted of eight felonies, including bank fraud, failure to report a foreign bank account, and tax evasion.

Following the verdict, Trump tweeted that he felt bad for Manafort, whom Trump described as a "brave man" because he "refused to break."

The president has not personally tweeted about Manafort (yet), presumably because he has been focused on emergency efforts in North Carolina as Hurricane Florence inundates coastal areas with storm surge and torrential rains.

More from People

Omar Jimenez and Nancy Mace from CNN interview
CNN

Nancy Mace Gets Blunt Civics Lesson After Claiming Every Muslim Elected Official Is A 'Trojan Horse'

South Carolina Republican Representative Nancy Mace was called out by CNN anchor Omar Jimenez for her lack of understanding of the First Amendment after she published a series of Islamophobic tweets, including one referring to every Muslim elected official in the country as a "Trojan horse."

Mace's posts came after Abdul El-Sayed won Michigan's Democratic primary for U.S. Senate. El-Sayed, a physician who campaigned on expanding healthcare access, strengthening the economy, and ending unconditional U.S. military aid to Israel, became the first progressive to win a statewide primary in a state carried by President Donald Trump in the 2024 election. He is set to face former Republican Congressman Mike Rogers in November.

Keep ReadingShow less
Bill Cassidy; Donald Trump
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images; Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

GOP Senator Hit With Brutal Reminder After Slamming Trump Over Executive Order To Break Up MMR Vaccine

Louisiana Republican Senator Bill Cassidy was criticized for voting to confirm Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) after he spoke out against President Donald Trump's executive order recommending that the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine be broken up into separate shots.

The new policy would recommend giving the MMR vaccine as three individual injections rather than as a combined shot, while also spacing childhood vaccinations across separate doctor visits.

Keep ReadingShow less
Dean Cain (left) questioned Michigan Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed’s (right) high school football history.
aul Archuleta/Getty Images for FreedomFest; Finn Gomez/Getty Images

MAGA Actor Dean Cain Swiftly Fact-Checked After Doubting Dem Senate Candidate Actually Played High School Football

Dean Cain had a question, a theory, and one consequential mistake—he asked the internet to “do your thing.” The former and failed Superman turned MAGA try-too-hard fan took aim at Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed on Sunday, but this investigation had less to do with truth, justice, and the American way than high school football.

It all started when Cain took his suspicions to X and invited the internet to find the receipts:

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
@atrupar/X

Trump Slammed After Claiming Infants Get Vaccines The 'Size Of A Bottle Of Soda' In Unhinged Rant

In the latest move toward promoting conspiracy theories and anti-vaxxer pseudoscience over legitimate research, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump signed an executive order titled Delivering Gold Standard Childhood Vaccine Recommendations for Americans.

The signing ceremony was attended by members of his administration and other guests, including anti-vax activist and Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., White House policy advisor and Project 2025 architect Stephen Miller, and health economist and controversial National Institutes of Health Director and acting Centers for Disease Control Director Jay Bhattacharya, who attended medical school but never practiced medicine.

Keep ReadingShow less
Ryan Reynolds; Janice and Jeff Ivey
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images; Jeff Ivey

Ryan Reynolds Has Hilarious One-Liner After Texas Couple Moves To Wrexham After Being Inspired By His Reality Show

After watching Welcome to Wrexham on Disney+ and visiting Wales seven times in the past two years, Texas couple Jeff and Janice Ivey decided to make the big move from Texas to Wrexham.

The docuseries stars Ryan Reynolds, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Rob McElhenney, and the Wrexham soccer team, and it showcased a sense of community that the couple loved. Since Jeff has UK citizenship thanks to Scottish ancestry, the Iveys decided to put it to good use to visit various places in Wales, focusing their time on Wrexham.

Keep ReadingShow less