Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Fox News Tried to Call Hillary Clinton Out for Hypocrisy Over Her Response to the Bomb Threats, It Did Not Go Well

Yeah, no.

Fox News attempted to characterize Hillary Clinton's reaction to yesterday's bomb threats as hypocritical by repurposing a remark she made earlier this month regarding civility. It didn't go well.

It all started when Fox News Research, the network's research and analytics team, issued the following tweet.


"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said in an interview with CNN on October 9, adding that civility could only be preserved if Democrats win back the House and the Senate.

But Clinton contradicted herself––at least in the world according to Fox News. Speaking yesterday after authorities discovered a live explosive on her suburban property, Clinton said: "It's a time of deep divisions and we have to do everything we can to bring our country together."

The tweet wants us to ask ourselves: How could the same woman advocate for uncivility only to call for unity mere weeks later? It's worth examining the context, however. Clinton, on October 9, pointed out that "the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength," and criticized "hardball tactics" from the Republican Party which can only be addressed by winning elections and creating a balance of power:

"I remember what they did to me for 25 years -- the falsehoods, the lies, which unfortunately people believe because the Republicans have put a lot of time, money, and effort in promoting them. So when you're dealing with an ideological party that is driven by the lust for power, that is funded by corporate interests who want a government that does its bidding, it's -- you can be civil, but you can't overcome what they intend to do unless you win elections."

There's a stark difference between winning elections and calling for murder, which many of Fox News's critics felt inclined to remind the network about.

As many pointed out, President Donald Trump has been criticized for advocating violence at his rallies and for making inflammatory statements to rile up his base, and now one of his past comments has come back to haunt him.

In September 2016, Trump suggested that the Secret Service agents assigned to protect Clinton during the presidential campaign should disarm.

"I think that her bodyguards should drop all weapons. I think they should disarm. Immediately. Let’s see what happens to her. Take their guns away, OK. It’ll be very dangerous," he said at the time.

Last night, hours after the bomb was discovered, the president's supporters directed chants of “Lock her up! Lock her up!” towards Hillary Clinton at a rally in Wisconsin.

The chants came during a speech by Republican Senate candidate Leah Vukmir, who spoke before the president made his appearance.

Earlier this week, an explosive was found on the property of billionaire George Soros, whom Trump has piggybacked off claims from conspiracy theorists who say he is in cahoots with Hillary Clinton to usurp the current world order.

Yesterday, a bomb was found on the suburban property owned by Bill and Hillary Clinton. An explosive device was also sent to former President Barack Obama and his wife, former First Lady Michelle Obama. The Secret Service said Obama and Clinton “did not receive the packages nor were they at risk of receiving them.”

Later, CNN’s headquarters at the Time Warner Center in New York received a package addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan, himself a noted Trump critic. The building was evacuated.

These developments unfolded rather rapidly. Soon after, a report surfaced that Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz also received a package because her office was listed as the return address on a package sent to Eric Holder, the former attorney general. A package sent to California Democratic Representative Maxine Waters was also intercepted, according to ABC.

A suspicious package was also intercepted at the offices of the San Diego Union-Tribune, which is near the field office of Senator Kamala Harris, a California Democrat. The San Diego police department closed the downtown area in response; the package contained miscellaneous items––including shoes and children’s books––and law enforcement allowed business to resume as usual. A package sent to the office of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was found to contain only a thumb drive.

More from News

Andy Ogles; Bad Bunny
Heather Diehl/Getty Images; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

MAGA Rep. Dragged After Claiming Bad Bunny's Halftime Show Depicted 'Gay Pornography'

Tennessee Republican Representative Andy Ogles was widely mocked after he claimed Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime show was "pure smut" that depicted "gay pornography"—even going so far as to write a letter to the Energy and Commerce Committee demanding "a formal congressional inquiry" into the "indecent broadcast."

The rapper, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, delivered a largely Spanish-language show that has been hailed as a "love letter to Puerto Rico" and that drew from his latest album, Debí Tirar Más Fotos, which won the Grammy for Album of the Year just a week ago.

Keep ReadingShow less
Chris Brown (left) and Bad Bunny (right) are pictured separately amid online backlash and praise following Bad Bunny’s record-breaking Super Bowl halftime performance.
Marc Piasecki/WireImage; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

Chris Brown Slammed After Appearing To Throw Bizarre Shade At Bad Bunny's Halftime Show

Bad Bunny’s record-breaking halftime show pulled in over 135 million viewers—fans, stans, casual watchers, and yes, professional haters who tune in just to be mad. Which brings me to the loudest one in the room: Chris Brown.

Brown took to social media to offer an unsolicited—and frankly bizarre—reaction to the Puerto Rico-inspired performance, posting a cryptic message that immediately rubbed people the wrong way.

Keep ReadingShow less
Todd Richards; Big Air Snowboarder Seungeun Yu
@btoddrichards/Instagram; Ulrik Pedersen/NurPhoto via Getty Images

NBC Broadcaster Speaks Out After He's Caught On Hot Mic Trashing Men's Snowboarding Competition At Olympics

Well, we've officially got our first hot mic oopsie of the 2026 Milano Cortina Olympics!

Broadcaster Todd Richards took to Instagram Sunday to apologize for comments he made during the men's big air snowboarding event that he didn't realize were being broadcast.

Keep ReadingShow less
Amber Glenn; Donald Trump
Andy Cheung/Getty Images; Samuel Corum/Getty Images

Olympic Figure Skater Reveals 'Scary Amount' Of Threats She Got After Her Criticism Of Trump

Amber Glenn, the first openly queer woman to represent the U.S. in figure skating, spoke out in an Instagram post about the torrent of threats she's received after criticizing President Donald Trump's treatment of the LGBTQ+ community.

Glenn had voiced criticism of the Trump administration earlier in the week during a pre-Olympics press conference, describing the period as especially difficult for herself and others in the LGBTQ+ community. Her comments were among several political statements made by U.S. athletes in the run-up to the Winter Games in Milan, Italy.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rick Scott
Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

MAGA Senator Slammed After Saying U.S. Olympians Critical Of Trump Should Be 'Stripped Of Their Olympic Uniform'

Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott was slammed after sharing a video criticizing U.S. Olympians who are conflicted about representing the United States amid President Donald Trump's controversial policies.

Scott spoke out after multiple Olympians made headlines for criticizing the Trump administration amid its nationwide immigration crackdown.

Keep ReadingShow less