Most Read

News

TikToker Shocked After Realizing Her Makeup Mirror Almost Set Her House On Fire

TikToker Lydia Cooke offered viewers a warning after her magnified mirror caused her couch to start smoking.

TikTok screenshots of smoking couch
@lydiacooke/TikTok

A video on TikTok has gone viral after a woman shared how her makeup mirror almost set her couch ablaze.

TikToker Lydia Cooke posted footage of her brown leather sofa smoking due to the sun's reflection off of her makeup mirror.

Cooke captioned her video:

"*Commence house fire fear*"

The video, which has been viewed more than 30 million times, has the words, "I was today years old when I learnt how house fires can start" across the screen.

Cooke attempts to pat out the smoke, but, of course, the reflection remains.

Check out the video below.

@lydiacooke

*Commence house fire fear* 😳 #noway #wtf #fyp

The video reminded several viewers of popular similar incidents.

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

And others gave some helpful tips.

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

Several also took the opportunity to poke fun at the creator's attempt to put out the...sun.

@lydiacooke/TikTok

@lydiacooke/TikTok

In all seriousness, though, we're so glad she was home when this happened.

Lesson learned!