Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Halloween parties will be flooded with sweet treats like caramel apples and cupcakes decorated with gummy worms and skeletons. Many party hosts first set up and serve appetizers to keep the sugar highs in check. Appetizers are a nice touch for parties where alcohol is served. Most recipes can be made ahead of time. Remember how these savory treats are served up can add to the spooky fun. Try a little label card next to the gross platters in case some party goers question its ingredients.
- Mummy Brie: Cut up puff pastry into strips to make this soft cheese spooky. Add witch boogers (peeled green grapes) on the side. Another dip for the season and can be served up to up the gross factor: Roasted Pumpkin Seed Hummus. It does taste wonderfully nutty and easy to transport to a potluck party.
- Cheddar Witches’ Fingers: Cheesy spicy sticks baked up and gnarled with plain or blackened nails. To stay away from messy food coloring gels, use black olives sliced lengthwise for creepy black fingernails.
- Pizza Skulls: A little bit easier recipe to make the filling of sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Add in black olives for extra grossness. The secret is the pan that can be bought at Amazon. Be sure to crack open a skull when passing the tray around.
- Spider Eggs Avocado and Wasabi Deviled Eggs: This recipe takes some prep time a day ahead of the party. Getting boiled eggs with gruesome marbling happens when the shell is cracked, soaked in blueberry or beet water overnight and then peeled away. The black sesame seeds in the filling make the spider eggs. Garnish with gummy candy spiders on the serving platter.
- Blood Clot Biscuits: Truly addicting treats for any bloodsuckers at the party. Assure the guests they are only dumplings in cherry sauce and soon the mound on the platter will disappear. Garnish the plate with vampire fangs and splatter red gel to add to the horrific deliciousness.