Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Nicole Brown Simpson's Sister Flabbergasted That Ford Is Releasing New Bronco On O.J. Simpson's Birthday

Nicole Brown Simpson's Sister Flabbergasted That Ford Is Releasing New Bronco On O.J. Simpson's Birthday
Vinnie Zuffante/Archive Photos/Getty Images
Make us preferred on Google

Twenty-six years almost to the day of her murder, the sister of Nicole Brown Simpson is outraged by a gaffe that could easily have been avoided with a simple Google search.

Ford Motor Company's relaunch of the new Bronco SUV was slated for July 9, 2020—O.J. Simpson's 73rd birthday.


Tanya Brown, the sister of O.J.'s slain ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, told the Detroit Free Press that she was shocked by the news when she heard it. After being discontinued since 1996, Ford planned to rerelease an all-new Ford Bronco on July 9, the birthday of the man many believe murdered her sister and her friend, Ron Goldman, on the night of June 12, 1994.

It's worth noting Ford also announced the relaunch on June 13, the date Brown Simpson and Goldman's bodies were discovered just after midnight.

Speaking to the Free Press, Brown said:

"Is that on purpose? My first reaction was, 'are you kidding me? This is funny?'"

The Ford Bronco became infamous on June 17, 1994, four days after the brutalized bodies of Brown Simpson and Goldman were discovered at her home in the Brentwood section of Los Angeles. O.J. Simpson and his friend Al Cowlings led LAPD on a low-speed chase in his white Ford Bronco after murder charges had been filed against him earlier that morning.

The chase, which interrupted the 1994 NBA finals, was televised live to an audience of an estimated 95 million people. Ford discontinued the Bronco two years later, and it is widely believed the negative publicity from the murder case was the reason.

For its part, Ford called the relaunch date "purely coincidental."

But for Tanya Brown and her family, it was a painful reminder of their family member's terrible demise, an event that remains fresh for them all these years later.

"We have moved on but you don't forget. You learn to live without that person. It gets easier with time. I think that's a defense we've all been given anytime somebody dies... That whole event changed us."

And the Ford Bronco is forever tied to that event—not only in the Brown's minds, but in the greater cultural consciousness.

As Mark Schirmer, a spokesman for Cox Automotive told the Free Press:

"[Some vehicles] are just part of our collective experience. Bronco, because of O.J., is certainly that."

Online, many people shared Tanya Brown's outrage.











As for Ford Motor Company, the outcry has not gone unnoticed.

They moved the launch to July 13 earlier today.

More from Trending

Screenshot of Abby Philip and Scott Jennings
CNN

CNN Just Played A Montage Of Trump Attacking Women To Call Out Scott Jennings' Selective Outrage—And His Reaction Speaks Volumes

After conservative commentator Scott Jennings tried to cry foul over Georgia Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff's quip about President Donald Trump's problematic relationship with his aide Natalie Harp, CNN highlighted his selective outrage by playing a montage of Trump attacking various women.

Ossoff drew attention to the Trump-Harp relationship while discussing U.S. Navy sailors who have complained about the conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, which has been deployed in the Middle East since November of 2025.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Donald Trump
Fox News

Trump Dragged After Bragging That He's 'Very Good At Flagpoles' In Bizarre Video

President Donald Trump was widely mocked after randomly boasting that he's "very good at flagpoles" while discussing his various White House construction projects with members of the press.

Trump, per CNN's Kasie Hunt, "spent 32 minutes… explaining in painstaking detail the changes that he’s bringing to the People’s House.” And at one point, he bragged about the “two beautiful flag poles on both sides of the White House.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Sean Hannity with Darline Graham during broadcast
Fox News

Sean Hannity Hit With Brutal Reminder After He Defends Darline Graham's Lack Of National Security Knowledge

Fox News personality Sean Hannity was called out for his hypocrisy after defending Republican Senate candidate Darline Graham's stunning debate admission that "national security is not my thing."

Last month, Darline Graham was appointed by Governor Henry McMaster to temporarily fill the Senate seat previously occupied by her brother, the late Senator Lindsey Graham. President Donald Trump backed her candidacy for a full six-year term.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @Rainmaker1973's video
@Rainmaker1973/X

Man At Beach With Metal Detector Becomes Internet Hero After Helping Woman Find Her Lost Engagement Ring

As beautiful as sandy beaches are, they're like quicksand for jewelry and keys, so if someone drops their ring or necklace or house key into the sand, there's a pretty good chance that it's gone forever.

Fortunately for one engaged couple, a man was using his metal detector and was able to help when the woman dropped her engagement ring in the sand.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from @ocjusticeinitiative's Instagram video
@ocjusticeinitiative/Instagram

Indian-American Man Floored After Stranger Gives Him Racist 'Compliment' In Infuriating Viral Video

Sometimes, people are so racist, it's hard to tell if they're just that hatefully racist, or if they're intentionally trying to bait innocent people for views.

A woman approached an Indian-American man in a restaurant while he was enjoying a meal with his daughters, and she pretended to compliment him—but it was totally backhanded.

Keep ReadingShow less