Death is at times difficult to accept and understand. Students at UC Berkeley are grieving in the only way they know how.
Where would college students be without takeout Chinese food and pizza delivery? We all remember how much we relied on that convenience when we were in college. Now it seems tragedy has struck, all thanks to the necessity of delivered food.
A faulty battery is being blamed for the sudden fire that engulfed a KiwiBot food delivery robot on the UC Berkeley campus. Students were stunned as they stood by helplessly, unable to save the giver of all things delicious.
Warning: NSFW language. (She is clearly in distress.)
Berkeley CA KiwiBot caught on fire www.youtube.com
The company sent out a lengthy statement explaining what went wrong, but it was little consolation to the grieving stoners yearning for a late-night snack.
They mourned in their own way.
so a delivery robot caught fire on berkeley's campus and students set up a candlelight vigil for it https://t.co/alen7vF7Ho— James (@James) 1544859756.0
People sent condolences.
@ratherbright Awww…poor KiwiBot, I knew him well, he hath born my lunch upon his back a thousand times… :(— Jet Dillo (@Jet Dillo) 1544936389.0
@ratherbright Rip— WeSolve Motivation (@WeSolve Motivation) 1545026643.0
@ratherbright Thoughts and prayers....— Sylvia Johnson (@Sylvia Johnson) 1544939638.0
@ratherbright My prayers are with you, you lil' helper...— Pranay 🦾☄️🌉 (@Pranay 🦾☄️🌉) 1544935914.0
@ratherbright Bots and prayers. 🙏🏻— DEMOCRACYWINS 💃🏻 (@DEMOCRACYWINS 💃🏻) 1545030278.0
@ratherbright you are going to be missed little one— Mark Andregg (@Mark Andregg) 1545064859.0
Our deepest sympathies to all those craving chili cheese fries.