Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Trump Just Challenged Nikki Haley To An 'Aptitude Test'—And Everyone Had The Same Response

Donald Trump; Nikki Haley
Scott Olson/Getty Images; Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images

The ex-President challenged his GOP rival to an 'aptitude test' after Haley questioned his cognitive function.

Former President Donald Trump was roasted by critics after he challenged former South Carolina Governor and fellow GOP presidential hopeful Nikki Haley to an "aptitude test" after Haley questioned his cognitive function.

Haley, who in the past has called for presidential candidates over the age of 75 to pass cognitive assessments—Trump is 77—said Trump is “not as sharp” as he “used to be" after he appeared to mix her up with Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi during a campaign event in New Hampshire last week.


Trump had blamed Haley for the insurrection of January 6, 2021, the day a mob of his followers attacked the United States Capitol on the false premise the 2020 general election had been stolen. He has previously leveled those same attacks at Pelosi but nonetheless attacked Haley, his former United Nations Ambassador who left the Trump administration in 2018—and wasn't even at the Capitol that day.

These facts prompted Haley to question Trump's mental acuity:

“It’s things like that. He said multiple times that he ran against President Obama. He didn’t run against President Obama."
"These things happen because, guess what? When you’re 80, that’s what happens. You’re just not as sharp as you used to be.”

You can hear what she said in the video below.

When asked to respond to Haley's criticisms, Trump insisted to Fox News’ Martha MacCallum he was “a lot sharper than” Haley and challenged her to an "aptitude test":

“I would do this. I would sit down right now and take an aptitude test, and it would be my result against her result, and she’s not gonna win, not gonna even come close to winning.”
“In fact, when I heard the word ‘cognitive,’ you know, I’ve taken two of them now. I took one with Doc Ronnie, who’s now a fantastic, you know, White House doctor and a fantastic congressman from Texas."
"Admiral. The White House doctor. Jackson. Ronny Jackson. And he’s now a great congressman from Texas."
"I took one then, and I took one recently. I think the result was announced and it was, I aced it twice. I aced it.”
“But I would say that, you know, I’ve actually called for a cognitive test for anybody running for president because I actually think that’s a good idea. It’d be nice to have an intelligent person be president.”

You can hear what Trump said in the video below.

In fact, the "intelligence test" Trump bragged about was actually a Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA), a widely used screening assessment for detecting cognitive impairment.

MoCA was designed to assess different cognitive domains, including attention and concentration, executive functions, memory, language, visuoconstructional skills, conceptual thinking, calculations, and orientation.

The assessment's questions are simple and ask test subjects to demonstrate if they can remember five words. Critics have stressed that it is unimpressive that Trump can remember five words—namely “person, woman, man, camera, TV”—as he demonstrated at one point on live television.

Trump was widely mocked for his remarks.


Trump was roasted by critics recently after he challenged President Joe Biden to a mental "acuity test" in a post on Truth Social, his personal social media platform.

Trump proposed the idea of a mental acuity test, claiming that no one would come close to his performance. This challenge was prompted by a recent Wall Street Journal poll in which 49 percent of respondents believed Trump was not mentally fit for the presidency, compared to 60 percent for Biden.

That proposal came after he claimed he is much healthier than Biden, declaring his recent medical exam results were exceptional, even asserting that he excelled in a cognitive test. Trump has in the past referred to himself as a "perfect physical specimen," offering yet another example of his braggadocio when it comes to his health and physical prowess.

More from News/2024-election

CBS Reporter Olivia Rinaldi reacting to Taylor Swift's engagement
@cbsnews/TikTok; @taylorswift/Instagram

CBS Reporter Freaks Out After Learning Travis Kelce And Taylor Swift Got Engaged Moments Before Going Live

From beat reporters to long-form journalists to trending news writers, people tend to cover the news as it happens, whatever it is.

But every once in a while, a piece of news comes along that really speaks to them personally.

Keep ReadingShow less
Fred Higginbotham; Mark Alford
C-SPAN; Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

Angry Missouri Voter Tells MAGA Rep. To Get His Head 'Out Of Trump's A**' In Viral Town Hall Rant

Angry constituents confronted Missouri Republican Representative Mark Alford during a rare GOP town hall on Monday. Voters accused the legislator of being more loyal to MAGA Republican President Donald Trump than to the people he's supposed to represent in Congress.

One attendee from Bolivar, Missouri, farmer and former firefighter Fred Higginbotham, drew cheers for his no-nonsense comments to Alford. Higginbotham said he inherited his family's farm, but was struggling to stay afloat.

Keep ReadingShow less
Devon Walker
@internetdevon/Instagram

'SNL' Star Announces His Exit From The 'Toxic As Hell' Show After Three Seasons In Candid Post

The cultural institution known as Saturday Night Live is a bit of a revolving door for cast members and writers. The latest cast member to split with the team is Devon Walker, who announced his departure from the show on Instagram recently.

Though the caption was short and sweet, he further elaborated in a note later in the post. Despite labeling the note as "wait...did he quit or did he get fired?" he actually did not answer that question.

Instead, Walker characterized working on SNL and the rest of the industry as a bunch of "little marriages....Permanent until they are not."

Then he got down to some real honesty about the environment of working on the show, continuing the marriage metaphor.

"Me and the show did three years together, and sometimes it was really cool. Sometimes it was toxic as hell....even amidst all the dysfunction. We made a f**ked up lil family."

@internetdevon/Instagram

Commenters were vocal in their support of him and thanked him for a good run on the show.

Many people's first knowledge of Walker was through SNL. The comedian actually has a master's degree in organizational leadership, but got his comedy career began at an open mic night in 2014, right around when he was starting grad school.

Since then, he has written for shows like Big Mouth, as well as performing his own stand-up set for a special on Comedy Central Stand Up Featuring.

@kaitrosed/Instagram

He joined SNL in 2022 originally as a featured player, later promoted to the repertory cast in 2024. All in all, he was on SNL for 3 seasons. Though a relatively short run for the show that made comedic titans like Tina Fey, Eddie Murphy, and countless others, audiences liked Walker's presence on the stage.

@willharrisinva/Instagram

@mollyoaustin/Instagram

@mem3nto.m0ri/Instagram

He played many characters in his time on SNL, but one commenter thought his impression of NBA player Draymond Green was especially worthy of praise.

@itskristinchirico/Instagram

A great run.

@joyellenicole/Instagram

As for the whole 'toxic' workplace thing, Walker is not alone. Lorne Michaels, the creator and now 40-year showrunner for SNL has a particular style of running a workplace that can rub people the wrong way.

The same day that Walker posted his resignation, writers Celeste Yim—the first non-binary and first out trans writer—as well as writer Rosamund Baker also announced the conclusion of their time on SNL.

@franbeard2001/Instagram

To those like Walker, who still has not made it clear if he left the show voluntarily or was fired, commenters had some sage wisdom.

@averagefashionblogger/Instagram

As the show's 50th birthday is this year, it appears there will be further shake ups of the cast, including in the writing room.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshots from video of American mom detaining pickpockets in Venice
@kirawontmiss/X

U.S. Tourist Goes Viral After Tracking Down Teen Pickpocket In Venice And Holding Her By Ponytail Until Police Arrive

You might remember from a couple years ago Monica Poli, the Italian woman who went viral on TikTok for her daily filming of pickpockets in which she would yell in Italian, "Attenzione! Pickpocket!" to warn tourists.

Well, move over Monica, because the internet has a new anti-pickpocket folk hero, a mom of eight from North Carolina who's gone mega-viral after having her purse stolen in Venice.

Keep ReadingShow less
Offset and Cardi B
Catherine Powell/Getty Images for MTV

Rapper Offset Is Getting Dragged Hard After Blaming His Divorce On Cardi B Not Cooking For Him

Rapper Offset is facing public pushback after trying to shade his ex, Cardi B, with lyrics about her not cooking for him—like it's 1925 instead of 2025.

Leading up to the release of the song "Move On," Offset told the Associated Press:

Keep ReadingShow less