Tempers on both sides of the political aisle were flaring following President Donald Trump's State of the Union address Tuesday night. And the anger got the best of conservative commentator Tomi Lahren, who fired off a few inappropriate videos on Instagram regarding the Democrat response by Massachusetts Representative Joseph Kennedy III.
"If you haven't yet had the displeasure of watching that little limp d*ck's response to President Trump's State of the Union, I suggest you take some Pepto-Bismol or some Midol, or whatever you need to do to get through it," Lahren advised, "because it was pathetic and it was embarrassing."
While Lahren later deleted the post from Instagram, it didn't stop Independent Journal Review editor Josh Billinson from sharing it Twitter:
Another video, filmed during Kennedy's speech, in which she calls him out for being a "ginger," was also shared by Yashar Ali of New York Magazine and The Huffington Post:
2. Sound On: @TomiLahren says: "Just listen to this nasty little ginger." - What does being a ginger have to do w… https://t.co/d1EQINR1mo— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1517445764.0
4. @TomiLahren posted this on her Instagram stories about 25 minutes ago and then deleted it. https://t.co/FTjRZ6e6l2— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1517446306.0
Naturally, people were livid about Lahren's comments:
@jbillinson @TomiLahren This is disturbing and is a perfect example what is wrong with the fox/info wars style of j… https://t.co/m7tmbFZkE9— David (@David) 1517449747.0
@jbillinson @TomiLahren Oh i see @FoxNews they wont suspend her...theyll give her a raise!! #tomilimpdick— Danielle ✌🏼💙 (@Danielle ✌🏼💙) 1517448052.0
@yashar @TomiLahren Found a cyberbully for @FLOTUS— Denise Morse (@Denise Morse) 1517444014.0
@yashar @TomiLahren Lol Tami couldn’t shred a block of cheese.— Radical Libertine Agenda🏳️🌈🙄 (@Radical Libertine Agenda🏳️🌈🙄) 1517445106.0
Lahren issued an apology via her official Twitter account shortly after the uproar subsided, saying that the comments were "inappropriate" and that she simply "got too upset":
My comments on my personal Instagram about Kennedy’s response were inappropriate and I take full responsibility for… https://t.co/jjZuLuIJgI— Tomi Lahren (@Tomi Lahren) 1517445951.0
And while she deleted the "limp d*ck" video, she strangely didn't seem to find the other video to be inappropriate, as Ali noted:
5. Tomi posted tweeted this about 27 mins ago but it looks like it’s in reference to the “limp dick” video last nig… https://t.co/0mK9n0Ty9t— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1517447776.0
And then there was this gem:
6. Looks like what Tomi was referring to when she posted that Caitlyn/Joe Kennedy photo on her Instagram stories wh… https://t.co/UnRPqrToHv— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1517448013.0
Ali also called out Lahren for calling her Instagram account "personal":
7. Btw referring to her Instagram as her "personal Instagram" is absolutely absurd and a cop out.. It's a public In… https://t.co/O0RqWAnYaO— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@Yashar Ali 🐘) 1517449473.0
It's unclear whether the decision to apologize was Lahren's or Fox News', but it wouldn't be surprising if it was the latter's. It wouldn't be the first time a Fox News personality has had to issue a public statement over misleading or insensitive remarks, and it certainly won't be the last.
As for Lahren, she'll most likely continue to do what she does best: piss off liberals.
@jbillinson @TomiLahren Why is she famous?— Fully Vaccinated Betty 😷 (@Fully Vaccinated Betty 😷) 1517446377.0