Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Internet Prankster Just Updated That Website Rudy Giuliani Accidentally Tweeted, and We Can't Wait for the Next Update

Yaas.

Remember that website Rudy Giuliani accidentally tweeted? It got an update.

Jason Velasquez, an Atlanta digital marketing director, decided to buy the domain G-20.In into which he wrote: “Donald J. Trump is a traitor to our country."


That was Friday.

On Tuesday night, Velasquez tweeted out an addition to his anti-President Donald Trump site.

"I’d hate for this tweet to distract from the Mueller memo that just dropped," he wrote. "So, I made a little update to the site. Nice try, Rudy —> "

The addition contains a hyperlink to a Reddit thread about ex-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, whose sentencing memo was released Tuesday night.

It reads: "BREAKING: Special counsel calls ex-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's cooperation 'substantial,' recommends no jail time."

The public learned Tuesday that Mueller requested no jail time for the now disgraced former lieutenant general’s role in the Trump campaign’s collusion with Russia.

Velasquez's subsequent trolling was a hit.

The demand for more is real.

In an interview with WaPo, Velasquez said he did not expect his prank to go viral. By Wednesday morning, Giuliani’s tweet had been shared more than 17,000 times.

“I kind of chuckled a little bit that he created this accidental link,” Velasquez told The Washington Post. Velasquez “knew immediately that it was just a typo” but since Twitter creates a working link from any legitimate domain, Velasquez seized the opportunity to air a grievance.

“I wanted something . . . bold,” he said. “Certainly, something that [Giuliani] would not want to be linked from his tweet.”

Instead of deleting and correcting the tweet, however, Giuliani left it up.

Giuliani’s Twitter gaffe “speaks to the impulsive nature of the administration where they’re not thoughtful in anything they put out there, especially on Twitter,” Velasquez said. He added that even if Giuliani were to delete the tweet, he still wins.

“That would mean that I forced him to delete it,” he said. “It’s a hilarious Catch-22. Either I affect what his message is, or I affect what his message is.”

Velasquez told the New York Times he was shocked that the tweet had been left standing.

“He could have deleted it and everyone would have forgotten about it, my tweet would have stopped going viral,” he said. “Instead he tweeted about it and created a conspiracy theory against Twitter.”

The New York Times noted that Giuliani’s “period no space” complaint is irrelevant because “Helsinki.Either,” Giuliani’s other space-skip, is not a working domain.

Giuliani has not been the best sport about it.

“Twitter allowed someone to invade my text with a disgusting anti-President message,” complained Giuliani. “The same thing-period no space-occurred later and it didn’t happen. Don’t tell me they are not committed card-carrying anti-Trumpers. Time Magazine also may fit that description. FAIRNESS PLEASE.”

And this is who Trump put in charge of "the cyber."

More from People/donald-trump

Nathan Lane
Phillip Faraone/WireImage

Nathan Lane Reveals Frustrating Reason 'Space Jam' Director Rejected Him For Role

Actor Nathan Lane, on publicity tour for a new TV series, discussed old films and old chances in an interview with Vanity Fair recently.

The actor—a Tony, Emmy, Screen Actors Guild, and Laurence Olivier award winner—talked about how all the awards in the world did not land him a role in the iconic movie Space Jam back in 1997.

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump
CNN

Trump Instantly Roasted After Announcing Awkward Name Of New Military Fighter Jet

Republican President Donald Trump proudly announced the new name honoring him for the military's new fighter jet, and the set-up for a joke couldn't have been more perfect.

“The generals picked the title," claimed the 47th President, adding, "and it’s a beautiful number, F-47.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Pete Hegseth
Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Viral Post Explains Why It's So Alarming That GOP Is Using Signal App For Top Secret Chats

Amid revelations that Atlantic editor Jeffrey Goldberg was invited into a Signal chat with high-level Trump administration officials, particularly Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, discussing military strategy surrounding their war strikes in Yemen, Threads user jeanie.online went viral after stressing why Trump administration officials are really using the app to discuss secret matters.

It's worth noting that Signal messages can be set and managed to disappear, as the team behind the app acknowledges on the Signal website:

Keep ReadingShow less
Brian Kilmeade
Fox News

Fox News Host Sparks Outrage With Disturbing Stance On Immigrant Deportations

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade enraged social media users after he said that undocumented immigrants "don't deserve" due process before getting deported.

On Monday's broadcast of the right-wing cable news channel Fox & Friends, Kilmeade stated that he didn't think it was "practical to do due process on 8 million people."

Keep ReadingShow less
Donald Trump; Janet Mills
Win McNamee/Getty Images (left and right)

Trump Dragged After Demanding 'Full-Throated Apology' From Maine's Governor

President Donald Trump was called out after reviving his feud with Maine Governor Janet Mills, demanding a "full-throated apology" after she pushed back last month against his executive order banning transgender women and girls from competing in female sports.

Last month, while discussing the order he'd signed on the issue, Trump threatened Mills after she said she would only comply with "state and federal laws," saying he'd deny federal funding for her state:

Keep ReadingShow less