As Time and Date tells it, the story of National Boss Day starts in 1958 with a daughter wishing to celebrate and show appreciation for her father, who also happened to be her boss. Patricia Bays Haroski filed the necessary paperwork needed for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce approval and opted for October 16th, her father’s birthday, for the annual recognition of the men and women that tell us what to do.
While some bosses are the epitome of cruel, other deserve this holiday to recognize that they’re always there for you and care for you whether you’re in the office with them or at home. We’d like to think the latter kind of boss would spout out wise sayings and quotes, and for this Bosses Day 2017, we’d like to turn the tables on them and deliver on some truly inspiring quotes for National Boss Day.
1. "By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day." - Robert Frost, poet
2. "Don't blame the boss. He has enough problems." - Donald Rumsfeld, politician
3. "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men--the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx, comedian & actor
4. "Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them." John C. Maxwell, author
5. "One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you."- Dennis Peer
6. "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be." Rosalynn Carter, first lady
7. "The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided." - Casey Stengel, baseball player
8. "The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes." - Tony Blair, prime minister
9. "Leadership is an action, not a position." - Donald McGannon, executive
10. "A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit." - John Maxwell, author
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.