Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Former Trump Advisor Has Dire Prediction About Virus in the U.S. as Trump Signals He Wants to Get People Back to Work

Former Trump Advisor Has Dire Prediction About Virus in the U.S. as Trump Signals He Wants to Get People Back to Work
JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images // Alex Wong/Getty Images

As the health crisis in the United States worsens in the face of the current pandemic, non-essential businesses across the country have shut their doors in what medical experts say is an imperative measure to slow the spread of the virus.

In the face of this uncertainty, the stock market has fallen by thousands of points in just weeks. With market prosperity a vital talking point in favor of his reelection, President Donald Trump and his administration have signaled that he may call for a loosening of these restrictions.


Echoing a Fox News segment, the President tweeted on Sunday night that the "cure" for slowing the pandemic can't be "worse than the problem itself," implying that safety measures could be more deadly to Americans than the actual virus.

With 39,000 cases and growing in the United States, experts largely agree that the pandemic is going to get worse before it gets better, and that two weeks' worth of self quarantine measures aren't enough to significantly slow the virus.

Trump's own former homeland security advisor, Tom Bossert, is among those urging the President not to loosen restrictions to boost the markets.

Bossert tweeted that the current measures in place across the country were "imperative."

Bossert is far from the only one warning against the potential announcement by the Trump administration.

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said that he'd spoken with National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Dr. Anthony Fauci, who's currently working with the Trump administration to curb the pandemic.

According to Graham, Fauci is against any measures meant to encourage Americans to go back to business as usual:

"I just spoke with Dr. Fauci — he believes that if anything we should be more aggressive and do more. … You can't have a functioning economy if you have hospitals overflowing. People aren't going to go to work like that."
In an interview last week, Surgeon General Jerome Adams agreed:
"Fifteen days is likely not going to be enough to get us all the way through."

Others are speaking out against the move as well.



The willingness to relax these crucial measures signaled to many Americans that the Trump administration cares more about preserving the economy than potentially millions of American lives.




On Monday, deaths from the virus surpassed 100 in a single day for the first time.

More from People/donald-trump

Alec Baldwin; Elon Musk; Lupita Nyong'o
John Nacion/FilmMagic; Harun Ozalp/Anadolu via Getty Images; Bruce Glikas/WireImage

Alec Baldwin Just Effortlessly Shut Down Elon Musk's Criticism Of Christopher Nolan Casting Lupito Nyong'o In 'The Odyssey'

Once again Hollywood decided to cast a Black woman in a movie and once again conservatives are having a temper tantrum about it—especially Elon Musk.

The far-right weirdo had a full crashout on X about Lupita Nyong'o's casting as Helen of Troy in Christopher Nolan's forthcoming The Odyssey adaptation, leading many to rake him over the coals.

Keep ReadingShow less
Javier Bardem; Donald Trump
Samir Hussein/WireImage; Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images

Javier Bardem Calls Out Trump's 'Male Toxic Behavior' In Fiery NSFW Rant—And He's Spot On

Oscar-winning actor Javier Bardem criticized President Donald Trump and other despotic world leaders at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, condemning the "male toxic behavior" they exhibit on a regular basis.

Bardem spoke while promoting director Rodrigo Sorogoyen's The Beloved, in which he stars as an acclaimed director forced to reckon with his distant relationship with his daughter. Bardem said the film is itself an exploration of toxic masculinity, namely “the bad education that we have received for many ages."

Keep ReadingShow less
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Nicolas Koutsokostas/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Kimberly Guilfoyle Gets Dragged Hard Over Her Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony In Greece For New McDonald's

U.S. Ambassador to Greece Kimberly Guilfoyle was widely mocked after gushing over a new McDonald's location at The Mall in Athens, referring to it as the "most technologically advanced McDonald's in all of Europe."

Guilfoyle took to social media with the following message, sharing photos from the ribbon-cutting ceremony:

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of Eric Metaxas
@atrupar/X

Clip Of MAGA Speaker At Prayer Event Claiming God 'Raised Up' Trump To Build His Ballroom Is Peak MAGA

MAGA author and radio host Eric Metaxas was criticized after claiming that God "raised up" President Donald Trump after two centuries so he could build his new White House ballroom.

Last year, Trump ordered the demolition of the entire East Wing to make way for a 90,000 square-foot ballroom that will dwarf the size of the White House itself, sparking alarm from historical preservationists and the public alike.

Keep ReadingShow less
Pete Buttigieg; Sean Duffy
CNN; Eric Lee/Getty Images

Pete Buttigieg Perfectly Shames Sean Duffy Over His 'Road Trip' Reality Show With A Reminder Of His Own 'Taxpayer-Funded Road Trip'

On Friday, May 8, MAGA Republican President Donald Trump's Secretary of Transportation returned to his Fox News stomping grounds to announce a return to his reality TV roots with a five-part YouTube series. Duffy, who was a self-described party boy on MTV's Real World: Boston back in the 1990s, owes his name value to his time on reality TV.

Following his first stint in the Real World franchise, Duffy returned to compete on MTV Road Rules, later meeting his wife, Fox & Friends Weekend co-anchor Rachel Campos-Duffy—herself a notorious hard partier from Real World: San Francisco—on an installment of the program.

Keep ReadingShow less