Skip to content
Search AI Powered

Latest Stories

Donald Trump Is Getting Dragged for His Tone Deaf Explanation for Why He's Skipping the Correspondents' Dinner Again This Year

Donald Trump Is Getting Dragged for His Tone Deaf Explanation for Why He's Skipping the Correspondents' Dinner Again This Year
@ABC/Twitter

Really?

Since the beginning of his 2016 campaign, President Donald Trump has always held an animus toward the press, frequently lambasting them as 'the enemy of the people,' and sowing immense distrust of journalists among his base.

As recently as Friday morning, he took to Twitter to continue his pattern of demonizing the press.


Today, he confirmed that, yet again, he won't be attending the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Before Trump's inauguration, it was traditional for the President to attend the yearly dinner, using good-natured jokes and commendations to remind the public of the need for a free press in order to hold public officials accountable.

However, Trump has created such an openly hostile environment toward the press that he's yet to show his face at the occasion.

This year will be no different, he confirmed to reporters.

Trump said:

"The dinner is so boring and so negative...I like positive things."

Trump said he'd be holding a 2020 campaign rally instead.

While the dinner has traditionally employed comedians as hosts in the past. However, after Michelle Wolf's controversial set at last year's dinner, the White House Correspondents Association decided that this year's host would be historian Ron Chernow.

Though Trump accused the dinner of being "negative," many pointed out that Trump's rhetoric plays a part in the dynamic he's decrying.

It's unclear how Chernow's hosting will vary from the array of comedians who have hosted before, but many think Trump is wary of being roasted on national television...again.

It's unclear whom, if anyone, Trump will send in his stead, but something tells us he won't be missed by the so-called "enemy of the people."

More from People/donald-trump

Screenshot of George Santos; Zohran Mamdani
@MrSantosNY/X; Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images

George Santos Announced He's Leaving New York After Mamdani's Win—And The Responses Are Brutal

Disgraced former New York Republican Representative George Santos was widely mocked after he announced he will leave New York City now that Zohran Mamdani has won the mayoral election.

Mamdani has sent shockwaves around the world with his win; an unapologetic democratic socialist, he took on the establishment and won despite months of Islamophobic and racist attacks from the right-wing.

Keep ReadingShow less
Screenshot of man collapsing and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. preparing to walk out
@atrupar/X

RFK Jr. Dragged For Bolting Out Of Oval Office The Moment A Man Collapsed During Press Briefing

Health and Human Services (HHS) Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was criticized after hurrying out of a press briefing in the Oval Office on Thursday after a man had a medical emergency and suddenly collapsed.

Kennedy was on hand alongside President Donald Trump, Dr. Mehmet Oz—the current Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services—and health aides for a press briefing announcing lower costs for weight loss drugs.

Keep ReadingShow less

Times People Saw Someone Almost Die Due To Their Own Actions

All actions have consequences, some more negative and severe than others.

But sometimes, someone will do something so extreme or stupid, it could almost cost them their life.

Keep ReadingShow less

Cancer Patients Explain Which Symptoms Ultimately Led Them To See A Doctor

Cancer has taken far too many lives and affected far too many people.

Where is a cure?

Keep ReadingShow less
Close-up shot of the number 30 painted on asphalt.
Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

People Over 30 Share Their Biggest Regrets In Life

Life goes by in a flash.

When we're young, we tend to laugh off that statement.

Keep ReadingShow less