Hocus Pocus is a cult movie that has a huge fan base. Since it was released in 1993, this Disney film starring Bette Midler is part of the Halloween celebration for many families. The story of the Sanderson sisters and the three children (and one immortal cat) who try to use the Hocus Pocus spell book to banish them from the earth for good is a family-friendly movie. In fact, it is so popular that some television networks make a point of showing non-stop marathons many times during the month of October.
One of the reasons why this film is well-loved by many is because there are so many memorable lines. Here are 10 of our favorite Hocus Pocus quotes:
1. “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” — Winifred Sanderson
2. Winifred: Well, tell me friend, what is this contraption?
Bus Driver: I call it a bus.
Winifred Sanderson: A bus. And its purpose?
Bus Driver: To convey gorgeous creatures such as yourselves to your most forbidden desires.
Winifred: We desire children.
Bus Driver: Hey, it might take me a couple of tries but I don't think that'd be a problem.
3."I put a spell on you and now you're mine." -Winifred Sanderson
4. Winifred: Sisters, All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
Sarah: Amok, Amok, Amok, Amok.
5. "A virgin lit the candle." -Dani
6. Winifred: Why, why, why was I cursed with such idiot sisters?
Sarah: Just lucky I guess.
7. Mary: I suggest we form a calming circle
Winifred: I am calm!
8. Sarah: Come little children, I'll take thee away / Into a land of enchantment / Come little children, the times come to play / Here in my garden of magic.
9. Allison: I like your costume, Dani.
Dani: Thank you! I really like yours too. Of course, I couldn't wear anything like that because I don't have any. What do you call them, Max? Yabbos? Max likes your yabos. In fact, he loves them.
10. "It's just a bunch of hocus pocus." -Max
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.